WDW Ticket Price Increase

hopemax

That is huge…

did anyone on the thread call it “still a good value”?

or have the praetorians not formed up for the assault yet?
Well *my* ticket prices didn't increase... zero is still zero, so of course it's a good value! ;)

Although... this is a bit bizarre. March blockouts got updated, and most everything is blocked out. But for some reason *weekends* are not blocked out at DHS. M-Fr, blocked out. Sat & Sun... good to go. 🤷‍♀️

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Well *my* ticket prices didn't increase... zero is still zero, so of course it's a good value! ;)

Although... this is a bit bizarre. March blockouts got updated, and most everything is blocked out. But for some reason *weekends* are not blocked out at DHS. M-Fr, blocked out. Sat & Sun... good to go. 🤷‍♀️
Your prices didn’t increase?

Patcheslee

Here's a comparison for you: In 2019, four 8-day tickets (1 park per day) in late May cost $1700. Comparable tickets after this increase are $2565.76. I don't know about you, but I think that's a pretty steep increase.
June 14-23rd 2019, CBR preferred room 2 adults, 1 10yo, 10day hopper plus, standard dining plan, memory maker, travel protection came to $6427.88.
Today the equivalent WITHOUT the dining plan or genie+ would be $6177.90.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
That is huge…

did anyone on the thread call it “still a good value”?

or have the praetorians not formed up for the assault yet?

Well, it has value to me, so it must be good. You're just a hater. These prices are cheap compared with professional sporting events. And Broadway shows. If you don't like the prices, don't go. Disney is a business.

;)

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I think DVC would be happiest if every owner who bought before 2010 would sell their points back. Then DVC can get rid of those with preexisting expectations and make more money on the points. The more clueless the consumer, the happier TDO/TWDC is.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
June 14-23rd 2019, CBR preferred room 2 adults, 1 10yo, 10day hopper plus, standard dining plan, memory maker, travel protection came to $6427.88.
Today the equivalent WITHOUT the dining plan or genie+ would be $6177.90.
1. Check your math
2. Short of that…try 5 random spots around the calendar in traditional “slow” seasons.
3. I love cherries

Patcheslee

1. Check your math
2. Short of that…try 5 random spots around the calendar in traditional “slow” seasons.
3. I love cherries
Im comparing what I paid in 2019 vs what it would cost now because we are limited to a single month in the year. That's the closest dates I'm able to get because of the lack of availability this close to June (June 17th-27th used instead). The 2019 was from my saved emails.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Im comparing what I paid in 2019 vs what it would cost now because we are limited to a single month in the year. That's the closest dates I'm able to get because of the lack of availability this close to June (June 17th-27th used instead). The 2019 was from my saved emails.
So that’s means they’ve reduced prices? Good to know….

Patcheslee

So that’s means they’ve reduced prices? Good to know….
I said without the genie+ or dining plan if went currently. Genie+ would add another $450 for the 10 park days. 2020 dining before suspension would have been $2106.27, hard telling what it will come back as if it returns.
That's easily a $2500 increase without worrying about how to get there.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I said without the genie+ or dining plan if went currently. Genie+ would add another $450 for the 10 park days. 2020 dining before suspension would have been $2106.27, hard telling what it will come back as if it returns.
That's easily a $2500 increase without worrying about how to get there.
No I get you…

I think what’s telling is that “busy” prices may be lower on the surface…while “not busy” times traditionally have been jacked. It’s like a recentering…which has been going on.

ive found the “busy” times to be much more manageable for along time.

im in the same window coming up…probably…but that’s up to Disney by their actions at this point

TikibirdLand

Well, it has value to me, so it must be good. You're just a hater. These prices are cheap compared with professional sporting events. And Broadway shows. If you don't like the prices, don't go. Disney is a business.

;)
Gotta be satire... Uses all the same tired excuses of the pixie-dusters.
✔️Cheap compared to sports events
✔️Check compared to broadway shows
✔️Disney is a business
✔️Don't like it don't go!
Yeah, satire.

chama1

This seems rather insane to me. I don't even understand what they meant to tell you the truth.
I'll be going to the Food/Wine next month...now I'm stressed to see what Disney changes will issue by then....
Aaron Paul What GIF by Breaking Bad

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom