WDW Rides at DL?

GiveMeTheMusic

I feel weird for having enjoyed Tomorrowland and not just because I hate everything modern. I know it had kind of a crappy script and not much payoff, but it was fun, pervy George Clooney with little robot girl and all.

It was such a promising concept that was so poorly executed. I don't blame Bird, who is a tremendous director and produced a beautifully shot film. I blame Lindelof.

Brer Panther

Is there any way we could clone Carousel of Progress? While I agree that Disneyland should have it back I'm sure Disney World fans would flip out if they got rid of it there.

And while we're at it, give 'em back a copy of Country Bears too. There's gotta be some room at Grizzly Peak.

Bairstow

Body Wars always made me much more sick than Star Tours.

I wonder if that was because Douglas Turnbull didn't consult on it.
Also, Body Wars tended to include a lot more slow, drifting motion that wasn't in total sync with the screen. It was all-around inferior to Star Tours in execution.

Brad Bishop

Is there any way we could clone Carousel of Progress? While I agree that Disneyland should have it back I'm sure Disney World fans would flip out if they got rid of it there.

And while we're at it, give 'em back a copy of Country Bears too. There's gotta be some room at Grizzly Peak.

As someone on the East coast who frequents WDW - I'd prefer that they just move it to Epcot or even just get rid of it (I know, sacrilege!).

The reasons are:
1) Epcot could use some help and it'd fit nicely in Future World
2) It's largely ignored at the MK. It's a ride from my youth and I have a bit of nostalgia for it but on any given day it's mostly empty (let the people who want to talk about throughput in the constantly moving theater chime in now).
3) I'd like something similar like a modern version of Horizons in Tomorrowland or something besides Pixar movies with only a really vague relationship to the future.

George Lucas on a Bench

Body Wars was just a lame ride. There was never a line for it and Disney prominently featured it in WDW paraphernalia for a while because it was Epcot's first thrill ride.

Mission: Space makes my face feel like it's melting. A truly terrible ride.

TP2000

Mission: Space makes my face feel like it's melting. A truly terrible ride.

The whole Mission:Space pavilion feels oddly 1990's, and yet it was built in the 2000's. But was obviously cheaped out.

It's starting to get embarrassing for Epcot. So does TDO just keep it for another 20 years until 2000's nostalgia kicks in and all the cool kids use vintage flip phones? Or do they cut their losses and build a real ride with a real show?

SuddenStorm

I think the only WDW clone I want at Disneyland would be an updated iteration of the original Journey Into Imagination where the Carousel Theater lies.

That ride would fit beautifully into Tomorrowland- the idea that through Imagination new things are created and progress is made. Not to mention it's quintessential Tony Baxter and has a beautiful Sherman Brothers score. And two characters that have been horribly mismanaged.

I'm not saying to recreate the original- but take what was originally there and build upon it with modern effects and updates to the more dated aspects of the ride.

Though I wonder if the EPCOT fans would be mad if Disneyland got a good Journey before they got a proper update...

cmwade77

I think the only WDW clone I want at Disneyland would be an updated iteration of the original Journey Into Imagination where the Carousel Theater lies.

That ride would fit beautifully into Tomorrowland- the idea that through Imagination new things are created and progress is made. Not to mention it's quintessential Tony Baxter and has a beautiful Sherman Brothers score. And two characters that have been horribly mismanaged.

I'm not saying to recreate the original- but take what was originally there and build upon it with modern effects and updates to the more dated aspects of the ride.

Though I wonder if the EPCOT fans would be mad if Disneyland got a good Journey before they got a proper update...
This, let's get this going, please.

PiratesMansion

No cloning of any kind, please.

Body Wars was one of the most bizarre attractions I've ever done and I can't say the park is really worse off without it. Less weird, maybe, which is its own sort of character, I suppose. I do vaguely resent that we did that but (to my memory anyway) we didn't do Cranium Command. Seems like it would have been a more interesting choice in retrospect.

In terms of current things, if you want to ride something at WDW, go to WDW. Simple as that :)

I take that back, actually; there's one instance of 'cloning' I'd be ok with. If we could clone DL's maintenance capabilities at WDW, as well as their Fast/MaxPass policies and general operational habits that DON'T involve having a byzantine schedule of closures for different attractions and eateries as if they were Disneyland Paris 10 years ago and struggling to survive AND obviously slashed capacity despite massive crowds, WDW would be MUCH better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom