WDW resort one night restriction

EPCOT-O.G.

Original Poster
It seems a lot of websites have picked up on the strange availability issues - namely, that WDW is not allowing people to book one night stays. I currently have a two night that I was hoping to break up, with the second night at a DVC rental. Has anyone had any luck getting a reservation knocked down to a one day?

castlecake2.0

It seems a lot of websites have picked up on the strange availability issues - namely, that WDW is not allowing people to book one night stays. I currently have a two night that I was hoping to break up, with the second night at a DVC rental. Has anyone had any luck getting a reservation knocked down to a one day?
From what I’ve heard it is not possible to book online and phone agents have been told not to book one night stays over the phone. I’m assuming the lack of housekeeping is making it impossible to flip rooms in time.

Dad 2 M & M

We’ve noticed the same thing…1 day ressies have been opening inside the 5 day window, sometimes as late as the day before.

We kept trying and it does seem no 1 night resort stays are available…..even way out in the future. We were able to find 2 night stays, even when you’d expect no availability, even for the same period we were looking for one night, so it appears rooms are available

JIMINYCR

Could it be that if you stay one night they then have to clean the room which costs Disney money
Certainly. Disneys cost of tying up a room for one night only when they could potentially book the same room for multiple nights. When they made the announcement that this change was going to take place, I immediately thought this makes sense in a business sense. Disneys not operating in the business model like a hotel chain that caters to people who stop over for a night while on their way through to another destination.

Weather_Lady

Is this restriction just for particular dates or days of the week, maybe?

After a recent flight change that had us arriving in Orlando a day earlier than expected, I priced out Disney hotels for the night of Sunday 2/20/22 (checking out on Monday, 2/21) a couple of weeks ago, and there were a dozen different onsite hotels with availability for that 1-night reservation.

We decided to extend our Universal hotel instead and didn't go with any of Disney's options, but after reading this thread, just now I repeated the search, and was able to go the whole way through the booking process for a 1-night room-only reservation (except that I didn't click to confirm the last step, as I don't really want the reservation) with no problem. I selected POFQ, but there were several others that were offered when I searched for just that one night.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
Is this restriction just for particular dates or days of the week, maybe?

After a recent flight change that had us arriving in Orlando a day earlier than expected, I priced out Disney hotels for the night of Sunday 2/20/22 (checking out on Monday, 2/21) a couple of weeks ago, and there were a dozen different onsite hotels with availability for that 1-night reservation.

We decided to extend our Universal hotel instead and didn't go with any of Disney's options, but after reading this thread, just now I repeated the search, and was able to go the whole way through the booking process for a 1-night room-only reservation (except that I didn't click to confirm the last step, as I don't really want the reservation) with no problem. I selected POFQ, but there were several others that were offered when I searched for just that one night.
It’s in force until early December for now.

Dave B

All you have to do is call and let them know your plans changed and they will reduce from a two night stay to one, if the computer doesn't allow you to

Dave B

Unless the their computers are now preventing any changes to a single night
Unless the their computers are now preventing any changes to a single night
So I just went thru the process and booked a three night stay, I then just called in and after an hour on hold listening to the Disney music, which was ok by me, I listened while I was working, the CM reduced my 3 day to a one day, same process as in the past, just FYI for anyone that needs to get a one night stay, I asked if there were any restrictions and the CM was not aware

nickys

Premium Member
So I just went thru the process and booked a three night stay, I then just called in and after an hour on hold listening to the Disney music, which was ok by me, I listened while I was working, the CM reduced my 3 day to a one day, same process as in the past, just FYI for anyone that needs to get a one night stay, I asked if there were any restrictions and the CM was not aware
When was this for?

The current restrictions only apply for stays up to a date in December. Possibly the 10th.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom