WDW resort lovers who are park avoiders

Damon7777

Original Poster
Any of you out there who pursue WDW accommodations but do not tap the parks??? I'm not talking about the convention attendee demographic but more about those who plan vacations at WDW but have no desire to do the 4 main parks and 2 aquatics.

muddyrivers

I've never done it myself but I do make purposeful effort to go to as many resorts as I can during my stay and see what they have to offer or even take my iPad and catch up on emails and do some reading in their lobbies. Naturally, the deluxe resorts are my favorite places to do that :D

epcotisbest

We have been focusing on resorts and resort hopping, and avoiding the parks for a few years now. Sometimes we might just go to one park, or maybe two. We used to have to come home from a Disney trip to get some rest. Now we come home rested, relaxed and rejuvenated. Nothing wrong with enjoying the resorts and pools. This past April we spent a week at SSR and did not set foot in any Disney Park and had a great time, but did not do a trip report. In fact, we have several non-park trips that I have never really mentioned.
Here are a few trip reports if anyone is interested:

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...wallet-rebellion-of-2016.913844/#post-7243689

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...ots-of-fun-and-pool-time.873744/#post-5717259

https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/discovery-cove-seaworld-and-other-stuff.921799/#post-7464213

TXDisney

I will say I grew up staying off site when we’d go to Disney but over the last 10years we stay onsite for pretty much every visit and ever since then we go out of our way to go inside at least 5 resorts or so each trip. Kinda has became a tradition to go to and walk around and grab a drink at each one too. When decorated for Christmas it’s just as magical as any park.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
I somewhat fall into that category. While I do usually go the parks, I usually plan a full day (in some cases more) hopping, dining, and enjoying the resorts. I have had trips that pretty much left out the parks (although I may stroll around World Showcase)

JIMINYCR

We go to WDW to experience everything we can in the time we have. But we have friends who arent big on rides and attractions and they basically stay in their resort and venture out for the dining. When they return home and I inquire about their trip, they only talk about the restaurants they dined at, the menu selections they ate and the newest food items they discovered. I think the only ride they do is the Monorail trips around the resort loop.

Bartledvd

As much as i love the resorts i can not ever do a vacation of doing nothing it is my idea of hell sitting on a lounger by the pool all day always have to be busy anymore than an hour or two lazing around i go nuts during irma my wife was getting ready to kick me out i was going stir crazy in the room which i know is stupid and selfish given people around where suffering.

MarkTwain

We're like this, or at least will spend the majority of days at resorts instead of parks during a given trip. Lately it's gotten too hard to park at the deluxe resorts though. :(

erasure fan1

We have done this on a few of our trips recently. Instead of 7 or 8 days at Disney, we have done other things then spent 3 or 4 days at a DVC. Increased costs and lack of updating and in cases like the studios being an embarrassment of a park, we havent felt the need to hit the parks. Now that Avatar is done and once toy story and star wars open, I think that could be our next full trip. I can't help but think though, if prices increased that much with almost no real investment to the parks, whats going to happen once these things are open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom