Wdw podcast 2018???

bhg469

Podcast the ride, although the hosts get a little too political and when they do they're super obnoxious. When they focus on the the podcast, its super funny but fairly adult themed. They dont focus 100% on disney parks but it is a majority of their discussions.

matt9112

I wish there was a Disney oriented podcast that did it like universal informer hands down the best local based podcast I have heard. sometimes I think about doing one since I'm local but than I would just be drawing most of my info from here and that's not right so I don't.

World_Showcase_Lover007

1. The Disney Dish Podcast w/ Jim Hill and Len Testa
2. The Thirty20Eight
3. Retro DisneyWorld

There might be a couple other worthwhile podcasts. However, most others are pixie sprinklers, and therefore should be avoided. So lame...

erasure fan1

The Disny parks podcast is good. The episodes are a bit shorter, usually 30 or so minutes. Resortloop is also pretty good as well. Both are shorter making them nicer when I don't have a lot of time.

Sue_Vongello

Up Late w/ the Disney Crew is the current best one out there, hands down! Especially now that they’ve added two show formats ... they have a weekly news show called DCN that has great writing because it’s hilarious. Then they have another kinda chatty show where they just kinda hang out and talk but it’s like hanging out with friends talking. It’s great. If anyone of you haven’t listened yet I highly recommend it.

geekza

My favorite is Retro WDW, but I'm old.

I also enjoy Disney Dish, though Jim Hill tends to talk about every rumor like it is a done deal.

I listen most often to the Dis podcasts (Dis Unplugged, Best & Worst of WDW, Disney Dining). The Dis folks are Orlando-based and go to the parks on a regular basis. Probably also helps that the owner of DisBoards, the website/forum that also makes the podcasts, runs a Disney travel agency. They're opinionated, but intelligent, entertaining, and always willing to go back and re-try things that may have made a bad impression initially.

danheaton

Here are my favorites:

Disney Dish Podcast with Jim Hill - I love the back and forth between Jim with Len Testa, particularly when looking back at history. Jim does sometimes sell rumors as the real deal, but when you realize that going in, it's a great show. They've also been doing more episodes lately about both upcoming news and history.

Retro Disney World Podcast - I love extinct attractions, and no show covers them better than the Retro WDW podcast. Each host brings his own perspective, and there's a laid-back vibe that really clicks when I'm listening at work. The show has also improved a lot since its start. They cover a lot more than the obvious attractions.

The Thirty28 - I'm a big fan of theme park lists, and Matt and Kevin dive into a lot of interesting ones (including best bathrooms, stairs, lobbies, etc.). They also have an interest in history that is easy to enjoy, and the podcast is produced well.

The E-Ticket Report - This one won't be for everyone because Tim, Chris, and Derek spend a lot of time arguing about Disney and the parks. It's also not a rosy look at the parks, which might turn off some listeners. If you're game for something different, it's a great time. Each guy has a different perspective and strong opinions, which makes it a blast.

WEDWay Radio - This show is ending pretty soon, but Nate and Matt (same guy from the Thirty28) produce a great show that dives further into Disney history than you might expect. Their episodes also are evergreen for the most part, so it's good to go back to them.

The Season Pass Podcast - They don't do as many episodes these days, but Doug and Brent still do one of the best podcasts out there. They've interviewed so many Disney legends and go beyond Disney to parks around the world. I've learned about a lot of parks I wouldn't know without this show. Start with their podcasts with Tony Baxter, which are incredible.

I also like long-running podcasts like The DIS Unplugged and Be Our Guest, which have been going strong for so long. Moustalgia is good too, though their focus is Disneyland.

I didn't want to lead with this, but I can't help but plug my own show The Tomorrow Society Podcast, which includes interviews with authors, filmmakers, composers, and other experts on Disney and the parks.

bhg469

Progress City Radio was recently born from the death of WDW Kingdomcast. Just like its predecessor, it is NOT for young mouse ears but it is fantastic!

bgraham34

I'll List my top 3.

Enchanted Tiki Talk. Usually always consistent Disney talk. Some great banter back and forth everything seems real.
WDW Main St. Another good podcast with great banter and up to date news.
Disney Dish. I love that it is a lot of rumors.

Sue_Vongello

I'll List my top 3.

Enchanted Tiki Talk. Usually always consistent Disney talk. Some great banter back and forth everything seems real.
WDW Main St. Another good podcast with great banter and up to date news.
Disney Dish. I love that it is a lot of rumors.

Ohhhh I’ve never heard of Enchanted Tiki Talk! I like the name already. Always looking for new ones, I’m checking that one out.

Thanks for reviving this old thread. I’m always looking for a fix but I feel like since Netcot ended and WDWToday changed its crew the Disney podcasts have been so blah, other than Up Late w/ The Disney Crew of course, the rest all sound the same. But there is also so many of them now it’s hard to weed out the good ones.

I’d like to listen to Disney Dish more because I love Len, but I just don’t like Jim Hill.

Anyway ... thanks for the suggestion and let’s keep this thread alive to help us addicted find more fixes.

mikejs78

Premium Member
A lot of good ones already mentioned here, so I won't repeat them, but a hidden gem of a podcast I found is Unlocking the Magic - which focuses less on news or travel tips, more on just appreciating Disney and finding those hidden gems, and learning about the hidden details of different parks/attractions/etc...

Also want to mention Mighty Men of Mouse, which was already mentioned here, but is also an excellent podcast.

Sue_Vongello

I do a mostly sports podcast, but both of us are WDW pass holders so we have done 10-15 minutes before on the parks. PM sometime and we could probably do another segment, probably closer to F&W time (and if there is good info on places like this site/the internet, if it comes up I do sometimes work it in, but I also name the source and don’t just claim it as my own)

What is your podcast?

bgraham34

Ohhhh I’ve never heard of Enchanted Tiki Talk! I like the name already. Always looking for new ones, I’m checking that one out.

Thanks for reviving this old thread. I’m always looking for a fix but I feel like since Netcot ended and WDWToday changed its crew the Disney podcasts have been so blah, other than Up Late w/ The Disney Crew of course, the rest all sound the same. But there is also so many of them now it’s hard to weed out the good ones.

I’d like to listen to Disney Dish more because I love Len, but I just don’t like Jim Hill.

Anyway ... thanks for the suggestion and let’s keep this thread alive to help us addicted find more fixes.

I like Jim Hill in doses. He knows a lo of what is going on but sometimes i feel he is too into himself.

I have dropped many shows over the years and I am always looking for a new one.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom