WDW Picture of the Day (Part 8)

WTBAD

WDWJune2010185.jpg

WDWFigment

Thanks for all the kind words on the Polynesian shot! Through some highly un-scientific testing, I've found that the larger the photo, the better the response it seems to get on here. That's unfortunate, as my preference is to post a smaller shot and have people click through to Flickr, and press "L" to view it large on black. My reason for this is that most photos look better viewed on a black background (really, no joke). Too bad we can't get black backgrounds for the photo threads!

Here's a photo I posted on here last week in a small size that wasn't very popular (on here). However, I'll go ahead and let my ego rear its ugly head and say I think it's pretty good (it was popular on Flickr, if we need any corroboration ;)). I'll bet it's more well-received in a larger version (although maybe now people won't comment specifically to prove me wrong ;)). Now, click the photo and press "L" and try to tell me--honestly--that doesn't look even better!

Reflections of (Spaceship) Earth by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

popsicletrees

Thanks for all the kind words on the Polynesian shot! Through some highly un-scientific testing, I've found that the larger the photo, the better the response it seems to get on here. That's unfortunate, as my preference is to post a smaller shot and have people click through to Flickr, and press "L" to view it large on black. My reason for this is that most photos look better viewed on a black background (really, no joke). Too bad we can't get black backgrounds for the photo threads!

Here's a photo I posted on here last week in a small size that wasn't very popular (on here). However, I'll go ahead and let my ego rear its ugly head and say I think it's pretty good (it was popular on Flickr, if we need any corroboration ;)). I'll bet it's more well-received in a larger version (although maybe now people won't comment specifically to prove me wrong ;)). Now, click the photo and press "L" and try to tell me--honestly--that doesn't look even better!

Reflections of (Spaceship) Earth by Tom Bricker (WDWFigment), on Flickr

Well, Tom, I think all of your pictures are great, including this one. I just don't comment every time that you post a photo because that would be a lot of redundant posts. However, this is beautiful, and I love the colors.

Also, maybe more people comment on the larger photos because the size just naturally catches the eye. Who knows? :veryconfu

WDWFigment

Well, Tom, I think all of your pictures are great, including this one. I just don't comment every time that you post a photo because that would be a lot of redundant posts. However, this is beautiful, and I love the colors.

Also, maybe more people comment on the larger photos because the size just naturally catches the eye. Who knows? :veryconfu

Ha - sorry, I didn't mean to say "Want me, love me! Shower me with kisses!" (Props to anyone who knows the origin of that quote without searching.) It was just an observation, really. I would agree that the reason is likely because larger photos catch the eye better. I thought by keeping them smaller, people would be more likely to click it to see the details better. This might be a faulty assumption on my part, but I know that's what I do.

So I'm stuck with a dilemma: keep posting small and have people overlook the shots (and thus not click them), or post larger, and have people not click because the shot is already large. Either way, people aren't clicking, so maybe I should err with the option that has people shower me with kisses! :animwink:

Yup! Especially with your style. I like white mount-board for my prints, but I use a dark neutral-gray on my website.

1193388650_EpwLT-M.jpg

1193394752_XsDqV-M.jpg

The blue on WDWM doesn't always help either.

Those B&W shots definitely (from here, at least) look better on white. I think Flickr uses the same background color on the "L" page that you use. I wonder why it doesn't use that color for all of its pages. I'm sure Flickr did more scientific studies than me, and determined white was better for whatever reason (probably not for photo-viewing, but for other reasons related to profitability).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom