WDW Picture of the Day (Part 8)

WTBAD

WDWJune2010466-1.jpg

Tom

Beta Return
The pavement is red because Walt wanted his guests to have the red carpet treatment...

I know that story.

I'm talking about the "blotchy" red area on the black asphalt where main street dies into the circle in the hub. It's like someone spilled red paint all over the black road right there.

Maybe it's a lens flare or something.

Figment82

Symphony in the Stars

I posted this over in the Last Tour to Endor thread, but thought it fit in this thread too. I'll be adding more photos to my Flickr page as the day goes on...

photoflight

Maybe it's a lens flare or something.

Not from my lens it ain't :)

That portion of the pavement is red. I don't know the purpose but it goes from the apex of the curved end-portions of the sidewalks to the center of the "hub" - so maybe they intended it to suggest a walkway to the hub's center.

Tom

Beta Return
Not from my lens it ain't :)

That portion of the pavement is red. I don't know the purpose but it goes from the apex of the curved end-portions of the sidewalks to the center of the "hub" - so maybe they intended it to suggest a walkway to the hub's center.

Hehe, I didn't figure.

I just looked at Google Maps and I see it now. I think the shadow in your photo masked the other half, so I didn't see that it was symmetrical.

In all of my trips to WDW, including the most recent trip back in January, I've never noticed this red area in the "road". Very strange. Thanks for the clarification though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom