WDW Parks & Cruise in one trip

Goofygirl07

My fiance and I are very close to settling on going to WDW and also going on a Disney cruise for our honeymoon but I haven't heard much about the 2 options together. Does anyone have any advice, tips or information about the Disney parks and cruise package??

Disneyfalcon

What a wonderful honeymoon!:)

I usually book the two separately. That way you can take advantage of the discounts at WDW and get a little more flexibility. You can't add the dining plan if you book your Wdw stay through the cruise line for example.

You can use Disney transfers to get from the park to the terminal or the other way around, and it will still feel like a seamless vacation.

I also recommend the cruise second, because you can relax a little easier on the cruise and feel more refreshed when you get home.:)

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

They used to have a 7-night land and sea package that could be booked via Disney Cruise Line, and you either had 3 nights on land and 4 at sea, or 4 nights on land and 3 at sea. The resorts you stayed in were tied to the stateroom category that you booked.

I believe many wanted more flexibility, so now you have 2 options:

- book a Disney cruise with optional pre- or post- stays at Walt Disney World, via Disney Cruise Line. You pay the full rack rates on the rooms, no discounts.

or

- you book 2 separate reservations - one with Disney Cruise Line, and another with WDW Reservations - and you can take advantage of any discounts that WDW is currently offering. The Disney Cruise Line buses will pick up and drop off at Disney resorts.

Upvote 0

Phonedave

What a wonderful honeymoon!:)

I usually book the two separately. That way you can take advantage of the discounts at WDW and get a little more flexibility. You can't add the dining plan if you book your Wdw stay through the cruise line for example.

You can use Disney transfers to get from the park to the terminal or the other way around, and it will still feel like a seamless vacation.

I also recommend the cruise second, because you can relax a little easier on the cruise and feel more refreshed when you get home.:)

I am torn on that.

On one hand it is totally seamless - and luggage handling is an added bonus.

On the other hand, you arrive at the cruise port on their terms. Maybe later in the day, and you might miss some of those first hours on the ship.

For some reason we seem to cruise first, the parks. I really don't know why. Although being able to do laundry in a 1BR DVC unit after the cruise is cool.

-dave

Upvote 0

Disneyfalcon

I am torn on that.

On one hand it is totally seamless - and luggage handling is an added bonus.

On the other hand, you arrive at the cruise port on their terms. Maybe later in the day, and you might miss some of those first hours on the ship.

For some reason we seem to cruise first, the parks. I really don't know why. Although being able to do laundry in a 1BR DVC unit after the cruise is cool.

-dave

I agree with that one. I don't like arriving at the port later. I can definitely see both sides to cruising before or after. I do like the idea of not going home right after my cruise! Makes getting off the ship a little easier.:)

Upvote 0

DisneyFan1003

It's a fantastic combo - definitely worth it! We did the combo for our honeymoon and loved it. Had a week at the AKL (well, almost a week....Monday morning until we left for the cruise on Saturday) and then a 7-night Western Caribbean cruise on the Magic. We liked having the cruise in the second half of the trip - we were still on a "high" from the wedding weekend, so we were totally up for attacking the parks once we got there. By the end of that week, we were ready for a week chilling out on the boat! Disney did the luggage transfer for us and we chose to be picked up at the Animal Kingdom park rather than our resort. We got to spend most of the morning in the park and got priority seating for the show of our choice. The cruise line held our carry-on bags at the front of the park while we played. When it was time to go, the bus picked us up and took us to the port. I think we arrived early afternoon - not long after lunch. It was fantastic... cruised twice and loved both. Can't wait to go again.

Congrats on the upcoming Disneymoon!

Upvote 0

kal1484

I agree with DisneyFalcon. Go on the cruise 2nd. For one, if you go on the cruise first, you are going to be used to eating whenever whatever. Second, I find that the service is second-to-none on the cruise. Going from cruise to parks may be disappointing in the service you get. You will have a BLAST! I would suggest doing a 4 day at least. Especially since now it will be the Dream and the ship is so big you'll want a sea day to look at everything!

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

I agree with that one. I don't like arriving at the port later. I can definitely see both sides to cruising before or after. I do like the idea of not going home right after my cruise! Makes getting off the ship a little easier.:)

That's why we do cruise first!!! I think we would cry getting off the ship if we knew we had to go straight home.

Upvote 0

Goofygirl07

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! The FH is not a big Disney fan and he really wants to spend more time on the ship then in the parks because he likes cruises. And I honestly don't know if we can afford both adventures so I think we are leaning more to a Disney cruise with a possible stay at a WDW resort.

Upvote 0

LSU_Tigger

We are DVC members and are going for a week in Disney world and a 4 day cruise on the NEW Disney Dream boat. I can't wait and my kids are excited too! :lol: This will be my first time doing this since being an adult cause my parents took me on this over 17 years ago when the Disney cruise was partnered with Premire cruise line. Man I'm old!!!:cool:

Upvote 0

disneyfangal

Cruise and WDW all in one

We did this and the advice we got from our travel agent I think was right on.

If you do the cruise first and get use to all the free dining it's a tad harder to come to WDW after and start seeing the bill for each meal.

So we did WDW first and then the Disney Cruise.
Also she saved us a bunch by splitting the two reservations.
And third she got us a limo for less than the cost of using the Disney bus.

All great things to look into.

Have a great trip.

Kelly

Upvote 0

Phonedave

We did this and the advice we got from our travel agent I think was right on.

If you do the cruise first and get use to all the free dining it's a tad harder to come to WDW after and start seeing the bill for each meal.

So we did WDW first and then the Disney Cruise.
Also she saved us a bunch by splitting the two reservations.
And third she got us a limo for less than the cost of using the Disney bus.

All great things to look into.

Have a great trip.

Kelly

Break even on Disney bus vs. Limo is 3 people.

The Disney bus transfer charge PER PERSON. A limo is a flat rate.

For most of the limo / black cars I have looked at, once you hit 3 people in a party, the limo/car is cheaper.

We have always done the parks AFTER the cruise. But we do a parks 'lite'. We come down the day before the cruise (do NOT fly in the day of your cruise, one delayed flight will destroy your plans). We cruise, and then do 3-4 days at WDW, just to unwind. Somthing about being on the ship at 7:00 AM and then later that same day being home does not sit right. A few days at WDW allows me to ease back into 'normal' life.

-dave

Upvote 0

love disney

I actually just booked reservations for a honeymoon in Sept. for me and my fiance, future wife. We decided to go to WDW first, followed by a Disney cruise. We just liked the idea of doing the parks first, followed by the relaxation of the cruise (on the new Disney Dream!!! Can't wait to try out that "water coaster"!!!). I found that it was cheaper to do the reservations separately. I am so excited that I got the reservations taken care of so early, especially since it looks like the cruise is filling up fast, so the earlier you do it the better.

Whatever you decide, congratulations and have fun!!! And who knows, maybe I will see you while I am down there for my honeymoon. haha!

Upvote 0

Shadowdawn

I'm glad we're not the only ones doing this for our honeymoon. Most of our friends and family keep asking us "But don't you want to do something more romantic?"

What's more romantic then going to a place that will actually make you feel like a Princess?

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

We are doing land then sea in August!!! We will be using the Dream to relax and unwind from 7 days of park going. Just sit back and have the staff wait on us!!!! :lol:

Upvote 0

WDWRLD

We are doing 2 days at PoP then a 4 day cruise on the Dream followed by six days at POR. We did 2 days at PoP then the 3 day on the Wonder followed by 7 at POR a couple years ago and loved it. We did it that way the first time since we had been to the world many times before and knew what was there but didnt want to spend our week wondering what the cruise would be like. We drive from Va so must go down the day before and figured if we were going to have to pay for a hotel might as well go on to WDW and have a night in the Magic Kingdom. Then that turned into two nights which was really nice because we got a little taste of 3 parks before cruising. When I booked this summers trip I priced it doing the two reservations seperate and together and it was just over 100 dollars more booking seperate.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom