Walt Disney World theme park hours updates

ToTBellHop

yes... just thinking long term.

They can’t do early entry until they can relax social distancing. (Current entry is to avoid crowd gathering).
They can do early entry. They did it at DLP. Universal does it, too. They intend to bring it back before social distancing goes away.

ToTBellHop

How hard is it? Why can’t they just start running them?
They need to prioritize the monorails for getting people to MK (from parking and the portions of the resorts that are open), which is difficult enough right now. Additional transportation to Epcot is too changing on operations. Buses from the 3 resorts or from MK for park hoppers are just simpler.

Even before Covid, a bus would get you from MK to Epcot faster than the monorail.

raymusiccity

They need to prioritize the monorails for getting people to MK (from parking and the portions of the resorts that are open), which is difficult enough right now. Additional transportation to Epcot is too changing on operations. Buses from the 3 resorts or from MK for park hoppers are just simpler.

Even before Covid, a bus would get you from MK to Epcot faster than the monorail.
Sort of. Buses are faster if you're not stuck waiting 30 minutes for the bus to arrive......plus, the bus drops you off in the parking lot, versus the Monorail station located right in front of the gates.

Miss Bella

Those are different crowds. People who might consider a deluxe won’t pay $800/night if they don’t think it is worth it. And there are other (better) luxury resorts in the area right now. If someone suddenly believes it is worth staying on-site again, they won’t move from the Waldorf Astoria to All Star Movies.
800 a night? I always stay deluxe and have never paid that.. I was at the yacht club last week 380,00 a night and it was packed. Where do you guys get this 800 a night. Do you not book with the 35% off or take advantage of the TA deals.

Weather_Lady

800 a night? I always stay deluxe and have never paid that.. I was at the yacht club last week 380,00 a night and it was packed. Where do you guys get this 800 a night. Do you not book with the 35% off or take advantage of the TA deals.

While I've never paid even half of that amount for a deluxe room or villa (thanks to a combination of special offers, traveling during value seasons, and DVC points rentals), it's not difficult to hit $800/night for a room if you're traveling during high price seasons and/or staying in preferred/club/theme-park-view rooms at the deluxes at rack rate. Mousesavers has the 2021 rack rate charts for all of the resorts, and some of the numbers are mind-boggling.

Last edited:

legwand77

While I've never paid even half of that amount for a deluxe room or villa (thanks to special offers and/or DVC points rentals), it's not difficult to hit $800/night for a room if you're traveling during high price seasons and/or staying in preferred/club/theme-park-view rooms at the deluxes at rack rate. Mousesavers has the 2021 rack rate charts for all of the resorts, and some of the numbers are mind-boggling.
Anyone paying rack rate at any hotel (not just WDW) is doing it wrong.

Miss Bella

While I've never paid even half of that amount for a deluxe room or villa (thanks to a combination of special offers, traveling during value seasons, and DVC points rentals), it's not difficult to hit $800/night for a room if you're traveling during high price seasons and/or staying in preferred/club/theme-park-view rooms at the deluxes at rack rate. Mousesavers has the 2021 rack rate charts for all of the resorts, and some of the numbers are mind-boggling.
You can only get a theme park view by staying at WDW so it's not even comparable to offsite. If having a theme park view is your thing you are going to pay through the nose for it.

I always book the a standard room. My main concern is location and a balcony, but I've been pleasantly surprised with some nice upgrades over the years.

I don't think I would enjoy a wdw trip without staying onsite. It's more than just going to the parks for me. I enjoy the theming at the resorts and the whole family atmosphere. The same reasons I'll pay more for a DCL cruise vs another cruise line.

I stayed a couple of night at the Dolphin this trip and I was really impressed. You don't get the theming, but you get the location and the deluxe feel. I paid less than Pop century, but I expect that pricing to end when conventions return.

pixie225

actually i have for may 17 and epcot its 11 am- 9pm, ak its right 8am-7pm. trying to get for HS but its full.
Wonder why they cut back an hour for Epcot for your dates. (we are there 5/1-5/7). Keep checking daily. They seem to be adding more capacity, and 5/17 is pretty far away. Maybe as people change their plans more slots at HS will open.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom