Walt Disney World theme park hours updates

Would much rather them open at 9:00. 11:00 is far too late to just be entering the park.
I think they have 11 am opening because of limited staff and very few part timers to fill in the gaps in scheduling for 9am. With 11 am - they can cover park hours with 2 shifts of full timer cast without the need for part time to cover breaks, evenings, mornings. Once they get part time cast back to work (starting to happen now) I think early openings will happen.

pixie225

Happy to see Hours extended. Visiting first week of may as well. Watch for new availability for restaurants in evenings. :)
Checked my restaurant reservations yesterday- no extended hours were up. Just checked now- they opened up new later reservations (AK Rainforest cafe for example)Yay!

Last edited:

TransportationGuy

If they are going to have fireworks return for the summer you would think that the park hours would be longer. I can't imagine them performing Epcot Forever & Happily Every After at 9 pm then the massive park exit. It would be difficult to social distance and think of how hard for the transportation cast members.
I would feel pretty confident in saying that the shows would be staggered given the current Disney Transport situation. Having them at the same time would not only create extended wait times, but also create a need for more drivers/equipment (most likely contractors at this point) which would amount to a lot more expense than WDW wants to take on

Clamman73

I think with hours announced through June this fits in with idea things “open up“ July 4th and fireworks will start then...they’re waiting to do a more grand announcement.

raymusiccity

I'm curious if they're going to do something at MK on July 4th this year. It sounds like they might at least run HEA since capacity will be able to be capped.
It's a shame that guests won't be able to experience Pandora during nighttime hours, or barely full darkness at Hollywood Studios. So much has been invested in new lighting packages, but, maybe by the Holidays ?

ToTBellHop

First look at Disney World's operating hours for July 2021​

Either they will extend or they are prepping for EMH at DAK 7:30-8, MK and DHS 8:30-9, Epcot 10:30-11. Haven’t heard when they want EMH to start but I know they wish the deluxes booked at higher levels.

ToTBellHop

But the EMH isn’t particular to deluxe. Not sure how much it would drive people into deluxe instead of just increasing demand for the values.
Those are different crowds. People who might consider a deluxe won’t pay $800/night if they don’t think it is worth it. And there are other (better) luxury resorts in the area right now. If someone suddenly believes it is worth staying on-site again, they won’t move from the Waldorf Astoria to All Star Movies.

havoc315

Those are different crowds. People who might consider a deluxe won’t pay $800/night if they don’t think it is worth it. And there are other (better) luxury resorts in the area right now. If someone suddenly believes it is worth staying on-site again, they won’t move from the Waldorf Astoria to All Star Movies.

But those paying $300 per night off-site for accommodations nicer than the Grand Floridian... not sure EMH will enough to motivate them to double or triple the budget.

Though this is a stronger rationale for “paid FP” included with deluxe. Then it becomes a reason for both off-site guests and even mod/value guests to consider whether it’s worthwhile to pay “extra.”

ToTBellHop

But those paying $300 per night off-site for accommodations nicer than the Grand Floridian... not sure EMH will enough to motivate them to double or triple the budget.

Though this is a stronger rationale for “paid FP” included with deluxe. Then it becomes a reason for both off-site guests and even mod/value guests to consider whether it’s worthwhile to pay “extra.”
They can only pick from options they can use right now. FP isn’t one of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom