Walt Disney World theme park hours updates

Thelazer

I'll say it again.

Disney / Universal went full on panic mode and didn't at all assume that a Vax would come out in record time.
They fired folks, laid em off, got rid of the good staff and now will need to play catchup and deal with the knowledge those quality people had being lost, yes some CM's return, but even more have moved on to better or new opportunity.

Mid summer international travel will pick up, the only reason it hasn't is the Vax distribution in other county's is still ramping up.
Give it about 2 months and they will be running at full speed just as the USA is. Already there is a lot of protests in a few other country's about not dealing with further lockdowns, the public pressure to open up there is growing fast.

Also "Spring Break" super spreader event was now 2 weeks ago in Florida.
(remember the news media screaming about how the beaches were packed and it was going to be a death show?)

Well here we are two weeks later, slight uptick in positivity rate yes.. sheer panic? Nope.

Temp checks gone after easter.
Mask requirements dropped by July 4th.

TONS of folks about long lines, poor service and understaffing by Aug/Sept.
My prediction.

plawren2

I'll say it again.

Disney / Universal went full on panic mode and didn't at all assume that a Vax would come out in record time.
They fired folks, laid em off, got rid of the good staff and now will need to play catchup and deal with the knowledge those quality people had being lost, yes some CM's return, but even more have moved on to better or new opportunity.

Mid summer international travel will pick up, the only reason it hasn't is the Vax distribution in other county's is still ramping up.
Give it about 2 months and they will be running at full speed just as the USA is. Already there is a lot of protests in a few other country's about not dealing with further lockdowns, the public pressure to open up there is growing fast.

(remember the news media screaming about how the beaches were packed and it was going to be a death show?)

Well here we are two weeks later, slight uptick in positivity rate yes.. sheer panic? Nope.

TONS of folks ******** about long lines, poor service and understaffing by Aug/Sept.
My prediction.
Not sure why anyone, even employees, would be surprised that with the parks closed for several months that staff would need to be laid off, that's a huge operating expense for parks that were not operating. And as to questioning increase in cases "
According to figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the average number of new cases in the United States was about 61,000 per day this past week. That’s about 5,000 more per day than the average a week ago. Those numbers are a fraction of the record 315,119 cases reported on Jan. 8 but similar to the number of cases during last summer’s peak." So it is a trend to be concerned about, agree that US could be in much better shape in a few months but right now it is disconcerting.

Rate vaccinated is quickly on the rise (30% one shot, 17% full vaccinated) but going to still be a few months.

Hcalvert

Does anyone know when they change the hours for the restaurants after the extended park hours are released? I just checked April 19 at AK and the restaurants are still not available for dinner reservations.

Roy G. Dis

Not sure why anyone, even employees, would be surprised that with the parks closed for several months that staff would need to be laid off, that's a huge operating expense for parks that were not operating. And as to questioning increase in cases "
According to figures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the average number of new cases in the United States was about 61,000 per day this past week. That’s about 5,000 more per day than the average a week ago. Those numbers are a fraction of the record 315,119 cases reported on Jan. 8 but similar to the number of cases during last summer’s peak." So it is a trend to be concerned about, agree that US could be in much better shape in a few months but right now it is disconcerting.

Rate vaccinated is quickly on the rise (30% one shot, 17% full vaccinated) but going to still be a few months.
Several states in the south and Southeastern united states appear to be slowing down pace of vaccination due to lack of interested arms. Going to be a real problem if these states never develop herd immunity and there's just rolling outbreaks.

HauntedMansionFLA

I'll say it again.

TONS of folks ******** about long lines, poor service and understaffing by Aug/Sept.
My prediction.
Call back are going out for cast members who are in parking.

Kobe!!

Does anyone know when they change the hours for the restaurants after the extended park hours are released? I just checked April 19 at AK and the restaurants are still not available for dinner reservations.
I think they are only extended till the 18th as of now.

havoc315

They seem to be in the process of expanding the calendar, as they have been doing weekly..
But they may actually be making a longer term change to the hours:

Now showing 8a-9p as the Magic Kingdom hours and 9a-8p as the hours for DHS through the end of June.
Epcot and AK haven't been updated and are still showing the limited 11-7 and 9-5 hours.

pixie225

They seem to be in the process of expanding the calendar, as they have been doing weekly..
But they may actually be making a longer term change to the hours:

Now showing 8a-9p as the Magic Kingdom hours and 9a-8p as the hours for DHS through the end of June.
Epcot and AK haven't been updated and are still showing the limited 11-7 and 9-5 hours.
For our visit May 1-7 AK is showing 8 am - 7 pm, and Epcot is showing 11 am - 10 pm!!

havoc315

We can now confirm that the super short hours are gone.
I'm really hoping that Epcot continues to get extended to 10 or 11pm. But I'll still take 9pm over 7pm.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom