Walt Disney World theme park hours updates

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
But if you look at the park opening times for the others they are not 8, 9, 10, and 11. They are 8 or 9 and then 11. It's no longer staggered for all the parks like last summer. That's why I think there has to be something else. Otherwise they could move it up to 10 even.

I’m not convinced they have any interest in the phased opening at Epcot anymore. I don’t think they ever loved it in the first place

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
$191.14

What have they lost again?
How'd you get such a cheap ticket???
1616412868746.png

correcaminos

Having people enter to specifically ride the “E tickets”....is not a win. Remember Epcot could never peddle it’s “swill” in the mornings. Garden grill was cute...but that was it.
Nah but right around when TT was being built we had things like Horizons and Wonders of Life Pavilion. TT was delayed and so Horizons closed before it opened, but to me that was right when it took a nose dive. Maybe slightly before then... but the 90s definitely felt like a peak. I remember when FW and WS had two different set of hours. You did FW in the morning and WS after lunch (or for lunch really). It worked well. Miss some of those days. Now they have WS only beginning hours. I really miss what it was and hope they actually do something now they are finally taking care of things. They left it to rot it feels like :(

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Nah but right around when TT was being built we had things like Horizons and Wonders of Life Pavilion. TT was delayed and so Horizons closed before it opened, but to me that was right when it took a nose dive. Maybe slightly before then... but the 90s definitely felt like a peak. I remember when FW and WS had two different set of hours. You did FW in the morning and WS after lunch (or for lunch really). It worked well. Miss some of those days. Now they have WS only beginning hours. I really miss what it was and hope they actually do something now they are finally taking care of things. They left it to rot it feels like :(

I’m an Epcot purist...i fought many battles on the sugarplum candy boards about it during the “let it snow, Oslo!!!” Days. But I try to be pragmatic and just want a consistent commitment to not let the park rot/die in vain.

You won’t get any dispute from me here...However, I don’t think they like the “morning” crowd.

plawren2

They’ll drink the sand

True. But they didn’t have “premium experiences” then.

It is...but Disney isn’t desperate for money...so they will remain measured/cautious.

$191.14

What have they lost again?
billions in park operations, if you think they will exhibit "charity" due to their stock price and revenue from Disney+ when setting WDW fees and deciding whether to charge for more access (FP+ or EMH) you don't understand corporate Disney very well.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
billions in park operations, if you think they will exhibit "charity" due to their stock price and revenue from Disney+ when setting WDW fees and deciding whether to charge for more access (FP+ or EMH) you don't understand corporate Disney very well.

Nobody is calling for “charity”

But the stock price is all that matters to those that control Disney. It’s 2021.

If you want to say that $200 for 3 hours at night (hypothetical) at magic kingdom is because they “lost money” or have to “make it up”...I have beans to sell you.

Public companies are now speculative...not revenue based. It is what it is.

plawren2

Disney stock prices jumped in last year due to Disney+ revenue which soared, and yes speculation plays a huge part of that but revenue growth is also critical. My point is WDW will be looking to increase revenue (and continue to control costs), they know demand (visitors) will increase and I fully expect to see fewer sales in fall 2021 and beyond, no free or discounted dinning, plus more movement to revenue generating events and activities like extra hours and FP+ fees. Just watch.

CaptainAmerica

Really good sign to see the "normal" hours returning post-Easter. Big test will be the following few weeks, later April into early May... do we keep seeing such "generous" hours.

I'm really hoping that 11pm Epcot close becomes permanent, at least through summer.
Park hours react to demand, not the other way around. If the crowds keep coming, the hours will keep expanding.

havoc315

Park hours react to demand, not the other way around. If the crowds keep coming, the hours will keep expanding.

It's a bit of mutual reinforcement. They see higher park reservations, high booking, higher anticipated crowds -- they expand hours. And those expanded hours ultimately also encourage more guests to come.

But my point being..... I'm happy to see the hours increasing, not just during Spring break and Easter.

CaptainAmerica

And those expanded hours ultimately also encourage more guests to come.
I'd be shocked if more than 2% of potential guests would cancel or skip a trip because the park hours are less than they'd like.

But my point being..... I'm happy to see the hours increasing, not just during Spring break and Easter.
Still Spring Break though. Connecticut and Massachusetts will have breaks as late as April 23, maybe beyond.

note2001

Can we go back to post snap crowd levels please? Until parades and fireworks return, I'll take that over expanded hours.

plawren2

Really good sign to see the "normal" hours returning post-Easter. Big test will be the following few weeks, later April into early May... do we keep seeing such "generous" hours.

I'm really hoping that 11pm Epcot close becomes permanent, at least through summer.
many schools have easter break that extends week or longer after Easter (April 4th this year), so these hours are in respond to that "demand" surge, and again that late April into mid May should give indication of how WDW is planning for crowds in that period and respond in terms of hours. If on-site guests only get 1/2 early entry, I am hoping in fall for at least 12 hrs in each park so as have enough time

havoc315

I'd be shocked if more than 2% of potential guests would cancel or skip a trip because the park hours are less than they'd like.

Cancel a trip: I doubt it.

But I see in many discussions, very common refrain: "I'm not going back while it's so limited" -- And hours are a big part of that.
And especially for guests who like to go at night. They see there are NO night hours being offered, they are less likely to book.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom