WDW Nods to the Other Parks

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
We're all aware of the Hidden Mickey touches throughout the parks and resorts in WDW. We're even aware of winking nods within attractions to former ones (i.e. Mr. Toad handing off the deed in Winnie the Pooh, Mr. Toad grave marker at Haunted Mansion, 20K Leagues ship appearing in the rockwork at Little Mermaid, etc). But my question is, are there any nods in the WDW parks to any of the other parks? For example, something in MK referencing an attraction in Epcot, or in DHS referencing MK, and things of that nature? There aren't any I can think of.

Cmdr_Crimson

Before Innoventions closed in DL at the robots exhibit on the wall had a bunch of robots that were from Epcot.

At Phantom Manor in DLP the residents of Phantom Canyon were reused molds of people from World of Motion and the Mayor of Phantom canyon is Dreamfinder.

At Trader Sam's at the Disneyland hotel props and items from The Adventurers club and an autographed photo of the colonel are there.

Hobnail Boot

SM+stations+close.JPG

One of my personal favorites.

Schneewittchen

I read recently that the Three Caballeros (Donald, Jose and Panchito) animatronics from Mickey Mouse Revue in MK are now in the Gran Fiesta Tour at EPCOT.

FigmentPigments

There's a whole backstory that connects Disney parks all over the world and the cruise line. The newest places to come to this story line are the Skipper Canteen and Jock Lindsay's Hanger Bar. The Society of Explorers and Adventurers or SEA is something that is referenced in Big Thunder Mountain in MK, the Oceaneers Club on the Disney Magic, the old Adventurer's club, the Tower of Terror in Tokyo, and even the Haunted Mansion. These are only are few of the places in the SEA story line. The more you dig into this, the more attractions are given subtle nods.

The_Jobu

Doesn't Uni have a set of Mickey ears floating beside a ravaged ride boat on Jurassic Park, too?

Unfortunately I couldn't say as I really dislike walking in soggy clothes so I've always avoided flume rides (JP, SM, etc..). But if that's true, it makes me wonder how many other sets of Mickey ears are hiding around the park.

The_Jobu

That's just disrespectful. You don't see Disney making jabs at Universal in their parks.

I felt as though it was all in good fun. I'm not sure what Disney could do even if they wanted to retaliate, Universal doesn't really have an equivalent all-encompassing symbol.

Nice to have photos now that the first one is gone. Pretty gutsy to leave it logo side up.

FigmentPigments

Nice to have photos now that the first one is gone. Pretty gutsy to leave it logo side up.[/QUOTE]
I thought so too. I was surprised that it was so noticeable.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
There is a nod to Pinocchios Village House in DL with the Paris version.

The Emporium in Paris has wall art of the other "branches"

Brer Panther

I could be wrong, but I think Space Mountain has a few references to Horizons.

Also, if commercials count, Universal ads had the announcer asking, "Fairy tales and pixie dust not quite your thing?" and a little girl saying, "If I have to hug one more princess, I think I'm gonna hurl."

And I think in the Universal Studios Hollywood version of the JAWS ride, they also had Mickey Mouse Ears floating in the water.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Maybe not Disney.. but Universal is packed with Disney references!

• Tinker Bell at the beginning of Shrek 4D
  • The chase scene in Shrek 4-D resembling Star Tours
  • ALSO in Shrek 4-D.. The queue line has posters that make fun of the Enchanted Tiki Room and Dumbo.
  • "The Universe and You" song from MIB Alien Attack is a parody oft he music that in-house Disney composer Buddy Baker composed for Tomorrowland in the 1950s
  • Slightly mentioned before, the simpsons ride pokes fun of The Haunted Mansion, Pirates of the Caribbean, It's a Small World, The Hall of Presidents, Jungle Cruise, 20k Leagues, and Kitchen Kabaret.
  • Also in the Simpsons Ride, it is said that Krustyland is the "Krustiest place on earth."
  • Dudley Do-Right's Rips Saw Falls pays tribute to Mr. Toad's Wild Ride during the train scene.
  • Dudley Do-Right's Rip Saw Falls also makes a reference to Pirates of the Caribbean's lost keys scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom