WDW Navy

freaklarm

Original Poster
Do you know that Walt Disney World currently have the 5th largest navy in the World!! In the ealry days it was the 2nd largest. It consist of: 3 Ferry Boats(Potter, Fowler, Irvine), 3 Motor Cruisers (Marmaid I, Bon Voyage, Cast Away) 6 Motor Launches, 8 Friendships (or 6), 6 Radio Disney Cruises, 4 Sassagoula River Co. Boats, about 300 other small registered boats (lake patrol, managment, mouse boats, pontoons, sail boats, canoes, maintenace, etc), the Grand One (our very own Luxury Yacht wich you can have for just $300/hour), 14 barges for the Seven Seas-Bay Lake Light show and all the barges Illuminations: RoE. Wave Runners, speed boat for water skiing and parasailing are not part of the fleet because they are not owned by Disney but by Sammy Duvals at the Contemporary.

freaklarm

Original Poster
Subs where not considered part of the fleet because they where attractions vehicles and if they where to add all the boats on the rides, maybe it will be ranked as the #1 navy, only watercraft that are registered or that are part of the transportation department (Radio Disney Cruises, even though was an attraction, are real boats, we still run them every once in a while, and where pilot by Transportation CM). Plus they do not count boats that are decomissioned, like the Old Ferry Boats (South Seas, and ??? dont remember the second one, sorry guys, too young for that).

Navy

This is a bigger topic than we know... What if you where to look at the entire Disney Co. Inventory... DL, WDW, TDL, DLP, and DCL has anyone ever looked into the ranking considering the entire Disney Fleet? I remember winning a radio contest on this question. There was a joke Walt had planned to say to the Russian President, About having more ships than his countries Navy. I know a guy is writing a book the Disney Navy.

Nitrokoff

I know this is resurrecting a long dead thread... 11 years... but I recently heard this had to bump this back up to the top. This is an amazing statistic and yet another reason that WDW is the place to go when the zombie apocalypse comes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom