WDW must be slow: Discounts coming!

New2WDW

Original Poster
The resort must be slow this Fall! Mousesavers is stating that tomorrow 9/18/08 Room discounts will be available thru 12-23 for GA, AL, SC and NC residents! And Free Dining will be offered to Disney Visa card holders for select dates this Fall. These are discounts added on top of the earlier Annual Pass and Florida Resident discounts as well as many PIN codes that are offering Free Dining this late in the year!

Wow! :eek:

SleepingMonk

Just got back from a long weekend at the world and Epcot and Hollywood Studios was pretty thin on crowds. Magic Kingdom was as busy as I've ever seen it the night we went. We stayed at the Contemporary and the monorail and buses were pretty empty each day.

New2WDW

Original Poster
I just think it is very odd to see discounts come out this late in the year, so close to the indicated time frame and some of these include free dining!

I might be able to swing a December weekend trip to see the lights after all! :sohappy:

DisneyGigi

Hmm.. I would love to able to go back for Christmas. I was bummed to not get a bounceback offer of any kind in the room this time.

Anyway, We were there 8-29- 9-7 and it was not bad at all Labor Day Weekend and then after that all the parks were dead until our last night Friday September 6th and MK was packed. Earlier in the day at Epcot crowds were nothing so it was just the last few hours of the trip that there were any crowds really.
It was the least crowded time that I have ever been overall much less crowded than the same trip last year.

shoppingnut

Hmm.. I would love to able to go back for Christmas. I was bummed to not get a bounceback offer of any kind in the room this time.

Anyway, We were there 8-29- 9-7 and it was not bad at all Labor Day Weekend and then after that all the parks were dead until our last night Friday September 6th and MK was packed. Earlier in the day at Epcot crowds were nothing so it was just the last few hours of the trip that there were any crowds really.
It was the least crowded time that I have ever been overall much less crowded than the same trip last year.

Just because the offer wasn't in your room, doesn't mean you weren't being offered it. Since you knew about the bouncebacks being in the rooms, you should have gone to the front/concierge desk and asked about the offer since there was no flyer in your room. It may have been that someone took the flyer home with them or they forgot to put one in that room.

DisneyGigi

Just because the offer wasn't in your room, doesn't mean you weren't being offered it. Since you knew about the bouncebacks being in the rooms, you should have gone to the front/concierge desk and asked about the offer since there was no flyer in your room. It may have been that someone took the flyer home with them or they forgot to put one in that room.

We should have. I wonder since we were there only 10 days ago if we called and inquired if we could get one?? I know that you are supposed to do it before you leave but since there wasn't a flyer? :shrug: I may try it, all they can do is say no.

mousefan1972

We had a bounceback flyer in our room, She. It was for free dining for next late summer/fall. There wasn't anything for the remainder of this year. :shrug:

We were there Sept. 4-7 and it was EMPTY. As in, the longest wait we saw was TSM (of course) at 60 minutes, and Soarin' at 30 minutes. Every other ride was a walk-on.

WildLodgeFan

We had a bounceback flyer in our room, She. It was for free dining for next late summer/fall. There wasn't anything for the remainder of this year. :shrug:

We were there Sept. 4-7 and it was EMPTY. As in, the longest wait we saw was TSM (of course) at 60 minutes, and Soarin' at 30 minutes. Every other ride was a walk-on.

OOOOHHH, I'm hoping the crowds are that thin now - we leave in 6 days!

DisneyGigi

That was the one that I was hoping to get while we were there because we know that we will go back again for our anniversary. I think that I will call and see what they say. I am such a dingy that I thought they just were not going to offer it as a bounceback.

What was the free dining offered was it the new counter service plan or the same one as offered this year?

mousefan1972

That was the one that I was hoping to get while we were there because we know that we will go back again for our anniversary. I think that I will call and see what they say. I am such a dingy that I thought they just were not going to offer it as a bounceback.

What was the free dining offered was it the new counter service plan or the same one as offered this year?

It was the regular (1 TS, 1 counter service, 1 snack) plan. The dates were August 23-Oct 2. PM me if you want the booking code.

Tiggerfanatic

I got my Free Dining offer via e-mail last Wednesday, it was good for 9/28-10/11, 11/9-22, and 12/14-20th. I was already booked for that week in December, and Pam was able to apply the discount to my package.

mousefan1972

I got my Free Dining offer via e-mail last Wednesday, it was good for 9/28-10/11, 11/9-22, and 12/14-20th. I was already booked for that week in December, and Pam was able to apply the discount to my package.

That seems to be the same dates that are being offered to Disney Visa cardholders starting tomorrow. We are going in Dec. but the AP discount was a better savings for us. (more dates included)

dgtolbert222

so if i have already booked out trip for Dec 8-12 back in April, is there a way for me to get the discount on the dining or am i just out of luck since i already paid for it? Thanks in Advance

mousefan1972

so if i have already booked out trip for Dec 8-12 back in April, is there a way for me to get the discount on the dining or am i just out of luck since i already paid for it? Thanks in Advance

The dates are December 14-20, so you wouldn't be able to take advantage of this offer. Can you change your dates at all?

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
Yeah - i heard of that one too for Dining but we don't have the Disney Visa :( (that would be way to dangerous for me!) I just saved a bunch from the SC discount!! I'm so excited about it! It works out really well!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom