WDW Meetups Poll - Where?

What place would be best for a weekly meetup?

• Magic Kingdom

Votes: 21 27.3%
  • Epcot

Votes: 40 51.9%
  • Hollywood Studios

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Animal Kingdom

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Downtown Disney

Votes: 12 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think we should all wear silly hats. This will be mine.
619023201a63c678b3a8c41e109c2ade_width_600x.

Seriously though, I like the idea of buttons.

Could we do a custom design that allows you to write your nickname / real first name on it? Like some of the Disney Pins have?

rufio

Original Poster
I think we should all wear silly hats. This will be mine.
619023201a63c678b3a8c41e109c2ade_width_600x.

Seriously though, I like the idea of buttons.

Could we do a custom design that allows you to write your nickname / real first name on it? Like some of the Disney Pins have?

I'm not sure, actually, since it's not our design. I'll look into it! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I'm not sure, actually, since it's not our design. I'll look into it! :)

I figure they could just post a button design with the logo slightly higher on the button, and the bottom half of the button being white so you can use a permanent marker to write in nick and first name. That way the button wouldn't explicitly be tied to the Weekly Meetup, and could even be used for other wdwmagic related things (like the unofficial cruise) to identify members.

Not my best work, but something like this...

button by englanddg, on Flickr

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I figure they could just post a button design with the logo slightly higher on the button, and the bottom half of the button being white so you can use a permanent marker to write in nick and first name. That way the button wouldn't explicitly be tied to the Weekly Meetup, and could even be used for other wdwmagic related things (like the unofficial cruise) to identify members.

One problem is that if all our buttons say "nickname", "F.Name" on them it won't help with identification.
paranoid.gif

Did we settle on a specific location? If Sunshine Seasons was still a possibility, I would suggest a specific spot...On the far right as you're facing LWtL, almost underneath the Circle of Life. It is a quiet little alcove that doesn't seem to always have people even when it is crowded...Plus, air conditioning and the possibility of sitting are good things.

LizC

Great idea.

Being as this meet up would be unofficial, are we allowed to use the WDWmagic logo?

rufio

Original Poster
One problem is that if all our buttons say "nickname", "F.Name" on them it won't help with identification.
paranoid.gif

Did we settle on a specific location? If Sunshine Seasons was still a possibility, I would suggest a specific spot...On the far right as you're facing LWtL, almost underneath the Circle of Life. It is a quiet little alcove that doesn't seem to always have people even when it is crowded...Plus, air conditioning and the possibility of sitting are good things.

No, the poll will close on April 30th, next Tuesday! :) But I think it's pretty clear that we will be meeting at Epcot, so I suppose we could start discussing location. I may open another poll to settle on that, so perhaps everyone should give their suggestions!

I'd probably prefer a spot in WS, but Sunshine Seasons could work too. If WS - maybe the covered area with tables behind the Kringla bakery?
Norway%2087.jpg

Then we could all ride Maelstrom and run past the Spirit of Norway movie together!

This is also a good idea! :) I've actually never eaten/hung out here!

I_heart_Tigger

I like it....and was thinking maybe the group could meet and take in a show; maybe Canada or China??

We could just stay for the drinks and skip the Canada show. I could just do the spiel before you enter the theatre...still remember the old spiel from my cave days. After a few drinks I'll be game to put my Disney face on and ask you to "Stay on the dark portion of the carpet until the doors have opened safely towards you."

JIMINYCR

That would really stand out and something I would spot on someone as we walk all over the parks. If someone missed the actual meet up day/time they could still connect with a member at some point. ;) Good idea, hope its able to be used.

DsnySodec

I voted DTD, for the consideration that if people are coming from out of town and are not seasonal passholders or cant get a epcot ticket weekly. A nuetral location without a cover is always good a since the restaurant are not owned by disney if you have a large enough showing each week if you talk to the manager you might be able to work out some sort of discounts (that is a strecth I know). Also if member have kids you can rotate the locations to different spots. Just my thoughts, I travel home to FL once or twice a year. We do not always go to the parks but i would show up to meet.

wdwstateofmind

I voted DTD, for the consideration that if people are coming from out of town and are not seasonal passholders or cant get a epcot ticket weekly. A nuetral location without a cover is always good a since the restaurant are not owned by disney if you have a large enough showing each week if you talk to the manager you might be able to work out some sort of discounts (that is a strecth I know). Also if member have kids you can rotate the locations to different spots. Just my thoughts, I travel home to FL once or twice a year. We do not always go to the parks but i would show up to meet.
I'd think the only possibly lax establishment, and the closest, that's not corporate owned would be the Icehouse (I've been there, it's like a red neck Fridays)...or something on S. Apopka Vineland (major commercial stretch near Hotel Blvd.) that's a family restaurant...

I voted for MK, but afterwards completely see your point about DTD. I just don't see anyone offering any discounts based on the amount of traffic they get regardless of one group...

Uncle Remus

No, the poll will close on April 30th, next Tuesday! :) But I think it's pretty clear that we will be meeting at Epcot, so I suppose we could start discussing location. I may open another poll to settle on that, so perhaps everyone should give their suggestions

The ones mentioned more than once in this thread have been

Sunshine Seasons
Electric Umbrella
Trading Post
Rose and Crown

Super pumped its going to be Epcot on a weekend. Can't wait to see where in Epcot.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom