News WDW loses Pop Warner to Universal and Camping World Stadium

MagicRat

Can the cheerleaders and more importantly their parents go too?

The best was enjoying the boardwalk and their practicing on the lawn by the boats or the cheering through the parks. I will take the South American travel groups over them any day.

sbunit

While I have ZERO objections to them leaving from a guest standpoint, I can't happen but be curious on what the current management is thinking? I'm assuming this is a source of revenue that they are needlessly losing to a nearby competitor. It just feels as if the Disney Ship is sailing through rough waters without any leadership at the helm. Seems like current management is dropping the ball on multiple things going on and this is another example, again strictly from a business/fiscal standpoint. My two cents

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
While I have ZERO objections to them leaving from a guest standpoint, I can't happen but be curious on what the current management is thinking? I'm assuming this is a source of revenue that they are needlessly losing to a nearby competitor. It just feels as if the Disney Ship is sailing through rough waters without any leadership at the helm. Seems like current management is dropping the ball on multiple things going on and this is another example, again strictly from a business/fiscal standpoint. My two cents

Oh just look at the room rental costs at Endless Summer verses Pop...

Lilofan

Wouldn't it be ironic if Pop Warner uses the first class facilities at ESPN and then stays at the cheaper Universal hotels. Has anyone ever been to Camping World Stadium? The neighborhood is not in the safest part of the city.

Last edited:

Goofnut1980

I agree with you. Disney has not kept up with the competition. They need more space in their parks or even added a new park. Disney just thinks everyone will come because of their name. So they have gotten away with being cheap over the last number of years. They need to just fire everyone at the top and start over. You need fresh meat, not just recylce the people at the top.

disdonald

I think disney has to be careful. That was a lot of young kids exposed to Disney at an early age every year and going home to tell their friends what a great time. Now they will be saying about Universal.
Disney does not realize it is not the only game in town and when those youngsters grow up, will they be Disney or Universal fans. In 10 to 20 years where will they spend the money. My bet is that is will be Universal first.

sbunit

This, the termination of the Magical express, their handling of entertainment to me are just a few examples of an overriding theme that current management has no clue what they're doing and has lost the essence of what made Disney, Disney. It's getting to the point where their operations feels cold and strictly business. They are losing their "uniqueness" and innovation amongst the theme park and travel industry. But like I said, I won't miss Pop Warner.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom