WDW June 2012 Trip Report w/ Live Updates

Hello, everyone! I just arrived in my room at Disney's All-Star Movies Hotel for a week-long vacation at Walt Disney World. I also noticed that the rooms here are more modern than I remember. By the way, on Disney's Magical Express, "Listen To The Land," "Tomorrow's Child," and the 1983 version of "One Little Spark" were part of the background music.

LeCellier.Lover

COOL! :D My 3 friends and I are leaving for our week long stay at POP tomorrow morning at 5:30am! Have a magical trip! :)
P.S.- Are you paying for WiFi, is that how you were able to log on?

ScorpionX

Original Poster
I'm back at the hotel for another update. I did the AMC Dinner Theatre tonight to see Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted. I had mozzarella sticks with the country-fried steak. Attached to the film was a cartoon short from Regular Show on Cartoon Network. Like the show, it was pretty funny. On may way back here, I noticed a billboard advertising an appearance by Reel Big Fish at the House of Blues on July 5. I love that band; they're so awesome! By the way, I'm headed to EPCOT Center tomorrow morning. No, not Meg Crofton's frivilous Epcot, the EPCOT Center that opened in 1982.
Lucky! Hope you're having fun! Isn't the atmosphere of All Star Movies just awesome?
Yes; the atmosphere is indeed awesome.

ScorpionX

Original Poster
I'm getting dressed for my day at EPCOT Center. I'm planning to have lunch at Sunshine Seasons and dinner at Via Napoli. Since Test Track is closed, I'm super bummed. But if TDO actually builds what they announced, I know it'll be for the better.

PS, last night, while in bed, I used the Netflix app on my iPad to watch a CNBC biography on Conrad Hilton (founded Hilton hotel chain).

PolynesianPrincess

so jealous that you will be dining at Via Napoli tonight for dinner and I'll be having some healthy veggies and chicken... VN sounds soooo much better!!! lol

Billy6

Via Napoli was great! I was there for lunch on Friday. The family and I had the Mezzo Metro pizza with a ton of great toppings.. We sat at the long table in the center of the restaurant. Great experience and great food....

ScorpionX

Original Poster
EPCOT Center was great! I noticed the illuminated rockwork from 1994 in Spaceship Earth that was mentioned in a pervious thread. At Innoventions, I dubbed my Sum of All Thrills rollercoaster "Electric Mountain." Nothing new with Ellen. Again bummed Test Track is closed. On Journey Into Imagination, there was a huge chunk of the wall hiding the finale missing. Therefore, I could see all the Figment animatronics hidden in the dark. For lunch, I ate at Sunshine Seasons. I had the Pizza panin with potato chip, key lime pie, and a Coca-Cola. Everything was normal with Living with the Land and Circle of Life. At Nemo, the ride seemed shorter than I remember it. The strange thing was the divers' tank had a diver in it. I thought Disney did away with this when United Technologies ended its sponsorship. Or did they continue doing this after UT pulled out. Over at Turtle Talk, I saw a guy that looked a lot like John Lasseter (he was even wearing a Hawaiian shirt) and Crush made a reference to the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles when he was playing Hide & Go Seek with the children.

In World Showcase, Mexico was normal as always. After riding Maelstrom, I bought a Norwegian flag t-shirt at the Puffin's Roost. In Reflections of China, I noticed a sign for KFC in the background. Dinner was at Via Napoli in Italy. I ate the individual pepperoni pizza with lemonade and the ice cream cookie sandwich. The American Adventure is still one of the best shows in Orlando. At the America Gardens Theatre, a Billy Joel tribute band was playing as part of Sounds Like Summer. The French pevilion's apple tart is pretty good. Impressions de France looks spectacular after the conversion a few months ago. I never realized O Canada! is as funny as it is. Love it! The weirdest thing happened during IllumiNations. The Earth Globe went dark for about a minute during what i believe was Chaos. Leaving the park, we came across a very unusual bus. It was a VanHool bus; the same type used for Disney's Magical Express. It was the biggest Disney bus I'd ever seen.

Stay tuned tomorrow for my day at Disney's Hollywood Studios!

real mad hatter

Via Napoli was great! I was there for lunch on Friday. The family and I had the Mezzo Metro pizza with a ton of great toppings.. We sat at the long table in the center of the restaurant. Great experience and great food....
Iam curious,we are thinking of splitting the MM between three of us? Good idea or bad as far as size goes?

Billy6

Iam curious,we are thinking of splitting the MM between three of us? Good idea or bad as far as size goes?
We had 5 sharing it and we had our fill. I am sure that it will be more than enough for 3. On the menu it says "serves 5-6". We also had the "family style salad" so we were pretty filled...

ScorpionX

Original Poster
What a day I had at Disney's Hollywood Studios! Nothing new at either GMR. At Indiana Jones, however, the show was cut off due to "technical difficulties" with the finale's special effects. I went on Star Tours 2 twice. On both trips, I went to whatever Jar-Jar Binks's planet is. The similarities between the two end there. The first one had the droid, the transmission from Admiral Ackbar, and the trip to Kashyyk while the second one had Darth Vader, the transmission from Yoda, and the trip to Hoth. Muppet-Vision was playing as normal. Today, I found out that you can see Spaceship Earth from the very top of LMA's grandstand. On the Backlot Tour, I noticed a ton of RetroCOT props. For lunch at 50s Prime Time Cafe, I had a chocolate milkshake, fried chicken, french fries, and apple cobbler a la mode. I scored 107,600 on Toy Story Midway Mania! I spent most of my time today at OMD, where you find something new every time you go. In the "Drawn to Animation" film, when Mushu syas he plays Dungeons & Dragons, you can see an abstract portrait of Dreamfinder and Figment in the top right corner. I did the Animation Academy twice. The two characters I learned to draw were Perry the Platypus and Prince Naveen (frog form). For dinner at Catalina Eddie's, I ate pepperoni pizza with a chocolate cake and Coca-Cola. The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror was pretty normal while I thought Fantasmic!'s new preshow is pretty funny. Exiting the park, I noticed that the area music from Disneyland Paris's Frontierland was part of Disney's Hollywood Studios's entrace/exit music.

Stay tuned tomorrow to hear Bout my day at Magic Kingdom Park!

ScorpionX

Original Poster
Sounds like you're having a blast! How's the weather?? Enjoy your trip as we all live vicariously thru you!! LOL
The weather is perfect! No rain, no clouds, practically very little humidity whatsoever. There aren't as many crowds as you'd think there'd be at the end of June.

I'm going to Magic Kingdom Park today. Wish me the best of luck!

PS; real mad hatter, I think it's a good idea to split the Mezzo Metro among three.

Billy6

The weather is perfect! No rain, no clouds, practically very little humidity whatsoever. There aren't as many crowds as you'd think there'd be at the end of June.

PS; real mad hatter, I think it's a good idea to split the Mezzo Metro among three.
I second the comment about the weather.... I just got back on Sunday and there was little or no humidity, even after a rain shower... Crowds were high but not killer...

DisneyDebNJ

Awesome!!! Have a GREAT time!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom