wdw jasmine bus route???

SosoDude

Original Poster
Noticed several Disney transportation busses labeled Jasmine during our recent trip and was curious what they were . I googled it but no luck.

Rob562

Buses with random names like that are special situation buses. It could be training, as the above poster said, or it could be a bus that is only dropping off Guests and will then be going out of service without picking anyone new up. Putting *something* on the bus keeps Guests from thinking the sign is broken and asking the driver if he's going to such-and-such place.

-Rob

FireChiefGoofy

I recently became a Disney cast member driving the buses. So here is the official answer. We place Jasmine on the marquee when the bus is out if service. Jasmine or Hercules looks better than "Out of Service" to our guests. Training buses are marked "Training" and cast transport buses in guest areas are marked "VIP Cast Member". There are several other marquees that are used backstage such as "Westclock" and "Pluto" which are the MK employee shuttles, "Parade Bus" which transports cast from dressing areas to the start if the MK parade route. If the marquee is blank, the bus is usually full. As you know with Disney, image is everything.

Figments Friend

Awesome! Thank you FireChiefGoofy for answering a curiosity i have had about this topic!
After many years of driving around on property, i finally now know the meanings behind all those different marquees!

:)

Rob562

On my trip earlier this month I was also reminded of the buses that say things like "DHMK".

It's an acronym meaning "Dead-Head Magic Kingdom". It indicates that it's a bus that's not carrying any passengers (aka "dead-heading") but is destined for (in this example) the Magic Kingdom, where it will then be assigned a route. These are buses that are either being transferred from one route to another, or are just arriving on-duty from the garage.

Other locations have their own acronyms starting with "DH".

-Rob

Figments Friend

No problem. We moved to Orlando in August, and DW and I both got jobs at WDW. I am still in training on the buses. It's been a long five weeks but I finally graduate from class this coming Thursday. Best job in the world!
Congrats man! Have the time of your life !!

Maybe i will see you around come January...!

Figments Friend

On my trip earlier this month I was also reminded of the buses that say things like "DHMK".

It's an acronym meaning "Dead-Head Magic Kingdom". It indicates that it's a bus that's not carrying any passengers (aka "dead-heading") but is destined for (in this example) the Magic Kingdom, where it will then be assigned a route. These are buses that are either being transferred from one route to another, or are just arriving on-duty from the garage.

Other locations have their own acronyms starting with "DH".

-Rob

Cool...! Thanks for the insight Rob!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No problem. We moved to Orlando in August, and DW and I both got jobs at WDW. I am still in training on the buses. It's been a long five weeks but I finally graduate from class this coming Thursday. Best job in the world!
Just curious, do they teach you how to make up fantastical stories to tell the guests or is that part learned from other bus drivers? :D

Wojciehowicz

As FireChiefGoofy posted, Jasmine or any other characters name simply means temporarily out of service.
DH with two or three letters after it is code for the buses next destination.
It has nothing to do with garages, assigning routes, etc.
You'll mainly see that during the morning rush. After that, the full name of the destination appears on the marquee.
Hey FireChielGoofy, do you have a regular hub that you work out of? I'll be on the look out for you.

Foolish Mortal

Cool and congrats. Did you have to have an existing CDL? Did Disney help you get it ? I would love to know the process behind becoming a driver. PM me if you prefer.

FireChiefGoofy

Cool and congrats. Did you have to have an existing CDL? Did Disney help you get it ? I would love to know the process behind becoming a driver. PM me if you prefer.

I had to get my permit from Florida DMV. Disney then trained us in everything we needed to know and administered the CDL driving test. They also reimbursed us the cost of upgrading our licenses. From start of training to graduation was almost six weeks. They are very thorough in making sure you know what you are doing and where you are going. There are 17 days of "location" training (learning the correct routes and all if the stops). Everyone in the whole process was great and they want you to succeed.

Wojciehowicz

Hey FireChiefGoofy, give us an update on how it's going being out on your own?
Is it kinda of overwhelming? Made any mistakes yet. Come on, fess up.
I'm assuming that you're doing mostly late nights?

Wojciehowicz

Hope you are liking the routes you are getting FireChiefGoofy, and i hope the Guests are being nice to you.

As FireChiefGoofy is missing in action, I'll stick my nose where it doesn't belong. And if you saw my nose, that's easy to do.
Buses do not go back and forth to the same destination. Except in few instances, such as park to park buses, the CBR internal bus, and CM shuttles, there are no repetitive routes.
Upon returning to the bus hub, the next route is supposed to appear on the screen on the little black box next to the driver. That's why guests are not dropped off at the bus stop that they came from. That bus drops off at the load zone that they're going to next.
As for guests being nice, it's a myth that guests are rude. Nothing could be further from the truth. 99.9% or better of the guests get on the bus and get off the bus, that's it. The vast majority of riders, except for people on scooters, say thank you and there is hardly ever any rudeness from guests. It's not what people think.

Ok FireChiefGoofy, I'm done covering for you. Get your butt over here.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom