wdw halloween vs Christmas

spectromagic04

Original Poster
I have been to both times a year. I have to say that Christmas time is the best. You have the trees at the parks. Also the Osborne lights, Cinderellas castle lights are stunning and the decorations on main Street are amazing. Plus they decorate most of the resorts too.

We went last year to halloween and I was disappointed that they only decorated the Magic Kingdom. Which had alot of decorations. We also went to mnsshp which was awsome. But it doesnt even come close to Christmas in my own opinion.

What is your opinion?

a2grafix

I have to say that I lean toward Christmastime decorations-wise, which are truly amazing, in addition to the decorations at Universal and SeaWorld. But it was quite strange wearing shorts, flips, a santa cap, and a wool holiday sweater on an 85-degree evening at the Magic Kingdom for the holiday party. It was also weird that in a week I participated in a Christmastime parade at home in snow and 19-degree conditions, and then experience a Central Orlando December in the 70s and 80s with fake snow.

I also love the exclusiveness of Halloween and the Boo to You parade and Happy Hallowishes fireworks show.

On top of it all, I am just fortunate to visit WDW recently the past three years, once in mid-October 2007, a year later in August 2008, and just recently in early December 2009, even in this economic climate.

I will also be fortunate that in a little over a week I will experience Halloween Time at Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm in Anaheim.

Chrononymous

Christmastime in WDW is spectacular to be sure!
I love what they do with all the resorts...especially the Boardwalk, Beach Club, PO and Grand Floridian! Even the massive trees at the Dolphin are pretty!

But I like being in WDW at Halloweentime, just because the spirit of Halloween...getting dressed up, free treats, acting like a kid again...are so what the World is all about!
Even if I don't make it to MNSSHP...it's still fun to watch everyone getting into the joyful spirit of it!

disney dharling

Christmas is the best. Everything is decked out from the resorts to the parks and in between. Can even get the scroogiest of people in the holiday mood. (I know this because I live with one and he's always a little merrier from vacation to Christmas. I think the crowds also prepare him for shopping.)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
There is no question that park's as a whole do much more for Christmas than Halloween. However, IMHO this makes MNSSHP much more special than MVMCP.

WDW 3

Halloween! We've been to MNSSHP a couple times and last year went to MVMCP and 2 out of 3 of us prefer Halloween!

adambrady

Halloween gets my vote. Christmas is great, but something strange about not having any snow on all those Christmas trees. Just my thoughts from Nebraska.

spectromagic04

Original Poster
I dont know why but I just enjoyed the Christmas decorations more than Halloweens. I agree though that boo to you parade is one of the best parades. I have yet to go to the christmas party though. What is at the christmas party?

JustInTime

I wasn't too impressed with Halloween but decor and I haven't been at Christmas...but from what I can tell, Christmas seems better IMO. :)

Dragonrider1227

I like Halloween. the decorations aren't as pretty but I love seeing all the guests dressed up and I really enjoy dressing up myself. Cosplay and free candy. What's not to like? :D

tink65

As far as decorations I think Christmas time is the best hands down! Everything at WDW has a touch of holiday decorations! Now, as far as either the MNSSHP or MVMCP......Halloween party wins! The parade, trick or treating and all the costumes are awesome!

New2WDW

We love the MNSSHP and have gone many times, but we are skipping it this year and going down in December to catch the Christmas party and decorations. So I guess I will have a better idea soon! Can't wait! :sohappy:

ErickainPA

Have been to Disney many times in December, went to the Party while on our honeymoon. I was just in Disney 2 weeks ago and the decorations were not that impressive to me, we return on Sunday, but not doing the party.

Saying all that I say Christmas is the best. Don't plan on going to the Christmas party again though, it was cute but in my opinion not worth doing a 2nd time.

New2WDW

Have been to Disney many times in December, went to the Party while on our honeymoon. I was just in Disney 2 weeks ago and the decorations were not that impressive to me, we return on Sunday, but not doing the party.

Saying all that I say Christmas is the best. Don't plan on going to the Christmas party again though, it was cute but in my opinion not worth doing a 2nd time.

I have heard this about the MVMCP, but we would like to try it anyway. It seems the Halloween party is better by far than the Christmas party but the overall property decor for Christmas is a much better experience than just the MK halloween decorations.

spectromagic04

Original Poster
Sorry for the thread bump. But I have a quick question about mvmcp do they show the parade and fireworks during park hours and the party. Where halloween party all the parade and fireworks are exclusive to mnsshp.

Magenta Panther

I have been to both times a year. I have to say that Christmas time is the best. You have the trees at the parks. Also the Osborne lights, Cinderellas castle lights are stunning and the decorations on main Street are amazing. Plus they decorate most of the resorts too.

We went last year to halloween and I was disappointed that they only decorated the Magic Kingdom. Which had alot of decorations. We also went to mnsshp which was awsome. But it doesnt even come close to Christmas in my own opinion.

What is your opinion?

I agree with you that, while Halloween at WDW is fun, it's a little underwhelming, aside from MNSSHP. Christmas is awesome!!!! I remember seeing a carousel made out of gingerbread once - it smelled amazing. And the trees, and the different Santas, and the lights...man...there's nothing like it.

I suppose I'm digressing but...I wonder if Universal is going to dress up Hogwarts and Hogsmeade for Christmas? That too could be awesome...:xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom