WDW guide books......

NowInc

Originally posted by ShanenLuvsDsny
What is the best WDW guide book to get? I've heard they're really helpful in planning your trip. :)

Id say save yourself the money and go post over at the Trip Planning section of the message board...more "Personalized" advice...and usually more up to date..

wdwcastwannabe

i'd definitely say that birnbaum's official wdw guide is the best...i'm pretty sure you can buy it at disney store...also there is the birnbaum's wdw for kids guide that is also GREAT for children to help them discover the "best of the world"

tim:king:

Gumshoe

Try the unofficial guide to Walt Disney World, loads of info. It's updated every year and tells you about all things disney.

wdwmaniac

Birnbaum's Official Walt Disney World guide is the best I think but since it is made by Disney it is made to seem like the place is perfect with no problems (which no place is). So it is good sometome to get an unoffical guide to Disney World which gives you some more cost saving tips and other ideas in which Disney would not want to tell you.

mej

I like the Bob Sehlinger Unofficial Guide - it is fun to read and very informative. It can be a bit too "regimented" in it's advice. I'd rather have fun and see less in a day than tackle Disney completely as he recommends!

DisneyPhD

The Unofficial Guide is how I found out about this web site. It has a lot to say about everything and I do enjoy reading what other people wrote. However, it does take some of the gilter off the trip to hear the "whole truth" and I sometimes enjoy reading the Birnbaum's books for the sugar coating. Last winter my husband and I parked ourself down in the travel section at Borders Books and spent a few cold Sunday afternoons dreaming about a trip to Flordia. Most books are rather cover the same info, but the formats can be different some easier to read and find what you want then others.

WDW-Imagineer

I would suggest 2 books (click for links):

Birnbaum's Walt Disney World 2002 : Expert Advice from the Inside Source

This is the official guide book and I would recommend this book for general information regarding WDW. Keep in mind that Disney owns the publisher so the book only tells you Disney's side.

The Unofficial Guide to Walt Disney World 2002

This guide book is much more helpful in deciding what restaurant to eat in, what ride to go on, etc. The book has actual reader opinions on restaurants & rides and the book is not afraid to say something is not good.

I would highly recommend both books for the most efficient planning.

epcot71

id say birnbaums book- i have over 5 thousand dollars in walt disney world related books ranging from trip planning to thier training practices.
since 1986 i have every birnbaum book till 2002-my mom actually got me the birnbaum book when i was 16 and frist became really into disney.i think the birnbaum guide is very helpful and has fun artwork to make reading fun-the book is no longer written by birbaum anymore (he passed away while back) but by the birnbaums guide staff who does a great job.

kinda neat to look at each year and to see how the park has changed over the last 14 years-kinda sad to see the year that was the last year 20,000 leagues was in the book and mr toads wild ride too:cry:

CrisKennedy

Originally posted by wdwcastwannabe
i'd definitely say that birnbaum's official wdw guide is the best...i'm pretty sure you can buy it at disney store...also there is the birnbaum's wdw for kids guide that is also GREAT for children to help them discover the "best of the world"

tim:king:

you can also buy it at any bookstore or from Amazon.

I have three different guides - Birnbaum's Official WDW Guide 2002, Fromier's 2002 guide, and the Unofficial Guide 2001. But They're all good for planning.

DanStat

Passporter

Passporter is also a really good book...It has lots of "when you get there stuff" like a photo log, etc.

I also highly recommend the Official Guidebook.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom