WDW Golf Courses

SherlockWayne

I've played Palm, Magnolia, and Lake Buena Vista many times. I've also played Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines and mourn their loss. The Disney courses are really top notch, especially since Arnold Palmer management took over. Palm and Magnolia weave through the woods, with Magnolia being more of a woodland style, and Palm having more water. Magnolia is awesome because you can hear the Magic Kingdom watercraft and trains, plus it has the mickey bunker, which is particularly neat. For my money, though, I really enjoy LBV, because it moves through the resort really well, has some really unique holes, and you get to see Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Disney Springs, and Port Orleans along the way. To me, it feels the most "Disney". It's also tough for someone like me that can't hit a drive straight to save my life. You won't be disappointed with any of the courses, they really are a hidden treasure of the resort.

Upvote 0

WDWBigEd

In the Parks
Yes
Golf is year round in Florida.. There are 4 Golf Courses and 2 Mini Golf Courses.

Disney's Lake Buena Vista Golf Course has hosted the PGA Tour, the LPGA Tour and USGA events. Rated 4 stars by Golf Digest, 18-holes.

Disney's Magnolia Golf Course represents a paradise for serious golfers 11 of the 18 holes boast water hazards and 97 bunkers dot the landscape. Rated 4 stars by Golf Digest, 18-holes.

Disney's Palm Golf Course includes 9 water hazards and 94 bunkers—providing plenty of challenges for novices and seasoned pros alike. (During Summer 2013, the course was completely redesigned by Arnold Palmer Course Design.) Rated 4 stars by Golf Digest, 18-holes.

Disney's Oak Trail Golf Course is a beautiful 9-hole course with rolling greens and exciting challenges. This is a walking-only course.

As for Mini golf I'm also partial to Winter Summerland.

Upvote 0

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband has done the Lake Buena Vista and the Magnolia. He likes both and has gotten a early bird special called the sunrise nine, and it has tee times for right away in the morning. It includes the 9 holes (on the back nine), a breakfast sandwich, two non-alcoholic drinks and a cart. It is $39. I know they have it at those two courses and maybe Palm too.

Winter Summerland is great mini golfing.

Upvote 0

ryguy

They are all average. Not bad, but nothing spectacular. They tend to play slow, usually pretty busy. Palm and Magnolia are better than Lake Buena Vista. LBV is very loud, lots of buses around. Tranquillo is the nicest and part of the four seasons resort complex. Used to be Osprey Ridge, a Disney owned course. All are worth a go if you haven't been. If I remember right, Magnolia has a bunker in the shape of Mickey.

Upvote 0

AdventurerEllie

Original Poster
I have never played them, but did walk the fairway and green of the one that runs through SSR. It is a very nice course. Now, it is FL. They play golf 364 days a year there.

Haha, I'm from Vermont, so ours are seasonal. I just started to golf, but I'm trying to set something up for my honey!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom