WDW Forum: for all or no?

A foolish mortal

Original Poster
So why is it that people on this WDW forum are being extremely rude? Some people think they own the whole place and that they know everything. I mean, it's okay to know stuff, but you dont have to be rude about it. You dont have to be rude if someone else says something that you knew like a month ago. I understand that some people think they are the gods of theme parks just because they have thousands of messages posted, likes or trophy points on this forum.

I thought this forum was for everyone who is theme park interested...

I'm I right or no?

zooey

One thing is for certain: there is no stopping them; the forum elite will soon be here. And I for one welcome our new rude overlords. I’d like to remind them that as a trusted forum personality, I can be helpful in rounding up others to toil in their underground pixie dust caves.

docdebbi

I have found the majority of people on these boards to be nice, and helpful and polite. I try to answer posts for folks when I think I can give them advice/help. I think most here do the same.
Yes, some people just want to prove they know more than you, they may indeed. And sometimes can seem rude.
Don't worry about it, and be friends with the ones who are nice to you.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
So why is it that people on this WDW forum are being extremely rude? Some people think they own the whole place and that they know everything. I mean, it's okay to know stuff, but you dont have to be rude about it. You dont have to be rude if someone else says something that you knew like a month ago. I understand that some people think they are the gods of theme parks just because they have thousands of messages posted, likes or trophy points on this forum.

I'm I right or no?

This is not unique to this forum. Any place on the internet where people that a fan of something gather to together to have a discussion you will find people cover the full range from very polite to very rude and everything in between. You will find most people here are very polite, but there are also a lot of people who tend to be very "honest" in their opinions and this might come across as rudeness.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member

I'm I right or no?
Please report any posts that you consider rude.

A foolish mortal

Original Poster
This is not unique to this forum. Any place on the internet where people that a fan of something gather to together to have a discussion you will find people cover the full range from very polite to very rude and everything in between. You will find most people here are very polite, but there are also a lot of people who tend to be very "honest" in their opinions and this might come across as rudeness.
I didn't see this at first, but you are absolutely right! ;) I guess a lot of things are easily misunderstood as well, since we can't really see the persons body language? :)

brb1006

I think the WDW Magic Forums would be perfect for Disney Theme Park and Disney fans who are in there mid teens and adults.

Tony the Tigger

I'm I right or no?

I agree with you. The authoritative and condescending attitudes are at best a huge turnoff and at worst indicative of issues best addressed by therapy.

And some people take this stuff way too seriously.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Agreed. I have been following these boards for years, but rarely post because I am afraid of the rude replies I will get.

I don't want to talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper. I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries.

TPrice

Unfortunately, that's the Internet in a nutshell.

What is jarring to me is when I run into rude people at the Parks. Not the simple mistakes or the innocent language/culture differences. I'm talking about the "you are an adult and you should know better" rudeness. It's just one of those unfortunate doses of reality that seeps in form time to time.

Tony the Tigger

Unfortunately, that's the Internet in a nutshell.

What is jarring to me is when I run into rude people at the Parks. Not the simple mistakes or the innocent language/culture differences. I'm talking about the "you are an adult and you should know better" rudeness. It's just one of those unfortunate doses of reality that seeps in form time to time.

Does that happen every time you are drunk at Epcot? j/k ;):eek::D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom