WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

westie

Man, that did look like some bad roadkill.
They did that to me a couple years back at Le Cellier. Ordered the prime rib and they brought me some unknown, pan fried piece of meat. When I told the server that it was not prime rib they told me,"That's how we do it in Canada." I in turn gave them the American explanation of why we don't tip for garbage.

Archie123

They did that to me a couple years back at Le Cellier. Ordered the prime rib and they brought me some unknown, pan fried piece of meat. When I told the server that it was not prime rib they told me,"That's how we do it in Canada." I in turn gave them the American explanation of why we don't tip for garbage.

I real don’t expect great food at Disney but that just looked awful. I will say it’s not the servers fault for the quality of the food so my tip doesn’t change based on that.

Hockey89

I real don’t expect great food at Disney but that just looked awful. I will say it’s not the servers fault for the quality of the food so my tip doesn’t change based on that.
Correct. If they give me good service, I don't blame the poor server... Not there fault Disney has turned their food into Applebee's and Olive Garden....

John park hopper

The prices Disney charges for food I expect good food. If you don't expect good food Disney will continue to down grade their restaurants because they know they can get away with it and still make tons of $$$$$$$$$

Archie123

The prices Disney charges for food I expect good food. If you don't expect good food Disney will continue to down grade their restaurants because they know they can get away with it and still make tons of $$$$$$$$$

I expect good food but not great at most Disney restaurants. Obviously there are places that I do expect a better dining experience but at most places I just want good food and service.

MikeyK72

I expect good food but not great at most Disney restaurants. Obviously there are places that I do expect a better dining experience but at most places I just want good food and service.
I expect good food at the "Signature" restaurants since they go through the effort of classifying them as being above "table service".

MikeyK72

I agree but the DDP has helped ruin that experience.
Well, in general I agree with what I think you mean.

In my opinion, the DDP changed the menu such that all items are relatively in the same price-point (cost basis) ballpark. So things like the $75 crab claw entree at former Fulton's went away when they started taking the dining plan.

However, in my opinion again, the DDP really shouldn't impact the quality of the dish. It shouldn't impact the fact that as a Signature, the expectation is that the items on the menu are executed at a high level.

Last edited:

Hockey89

Well, in general I agree with what I think you mean.

In my opinion, the DDP changed the menu such that all items are relatively in the same price-point (cost basis) ballpark. So things like the $75 crab claw entree at former Fulton's went away when they started taking the dining plan.

However, in my opinion again, the DDP really shouldn't impact the quality of the cook. It shouldn't impact the fact that as a Signature, the expectation is that the items on the menu are executed at a high level.
Doesn't matter how good the cook is when the ingredients suck... The quality of beef at the YM Steakhouse is a joke, which is a sham because that place was very very good at one point.... They probably buy their beef from Stop and shop.....

MikeyK72

Doesn't matter how good the cook is when the ingredients suck... The quality of beef at the YM Steakhouse is a joke, which is a sham because that place was very very good at one point.... They probably buy their beef from Stop and shop.....
by "quality of the cook" I was referring to the food, not the quality of the chef cooking it.

Probably should have written "quality of the dish".

Hockey89

Looks like Prime Rib? A little fattier than other pieces but prime rib is not the best looking piece of meat in the first place. You get it because it has a high fat content.(more flavor).
Huh? Prime rib can look amazing so i have no idea what you are talking about... Lets compare.... One looks like road kill the other looks amazing.... Of course it has fat which means more flavor, everybody knows that....; The Disney pic is prison food....

Attachments

• Prime rib.jpg
    Prime rib.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 79

yankspy

Huh? Prime rib can look amazing so i have no idea what you are talking about... Lets compare.... One looks like road kill the other looks amazing.... Of course it has fat which means more flavor, everybody knows that....; The Disney pic is prison food....
Why did I k ow that someone was going to pull up a staged pic of a prime rib that looks perfect. Most don’t look even close to that. It’s also cooked to MR while the other one looks more well done. The more you cook it the more gnarled up it’s gonna look. As far as “what I’m talking about” 30 years in the restaurant business and I’ve seen tens of thousands of plated ribs that have looked all different ways. I’ll admit it’s not the prettiest I’ve seen but not the worst either, especially when you cook the life out of it.

Hockey89

Why did I k ow that someone was going to pull up a staged pic of a prime rib that looks perfect. Most don’t look even close to that. It’s also cooked to MR while the other one looks more well done. The more you cook it the more gnarled up it’s gonna look. As far as “what I’m talking about” 30 years in the restaurant business and I’ve seen tens of thousands of plated ribs that have looked all different ways. I’ll admit it’s not the prettiest I’ve seen but not the worst either, especially when you cook the life out of it.
All the ones I eat do. Where do you work Applebee’s?? Sorry I’ve never seen a piece of beef even close and yeah every single person knows beef can be cooked different temp. That beef was road kill but carry on.

yankspy

All the ones I eat do. Where do you work Applebee’s?? Sorry I’ve never seen a piece of beef even close and yeah every single person knows beef can be cooked different temp. That beef was road kill but carry on.
Ok. You know better than me. Agree to disagree. And no I don’t work at Applebee’s. Don’t think they serve rib anyway. Too expensive.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom