WDW Food Pictures Of The Day Part II

KnK

picture.php

Via Napoli - Dessert

We couldn't make up our mind about dessert, the waitress brought this over for our anniversary. The green sauce on the plate I practically licked off the plate. It was something from the kid's menu, very tasty.

ms7479a

How were these? This definitely seems like a dish that my husband would absolutely love.

They were unlike any other ribs that I have ever had. What distinguishes them is that they are so light and are served slightly crispy. They are also extremely tender and not fatty at all. The Guinness sauce is very light and slightly sweet in flavor. There is a definite hint of Guinness flavor but it is not overpowering; it compliments the ribs extremely well.

Phonedave

Cali Grill Filet...

Hey Black,

What was your opinion of this dish ?

I had it back in August and I found the Teriyaki sauce to be overpowering to the point of not being able to taste anything else.

The meat was also sub-par. Lot of gristle / fat which is odd for a tenderloin.

We won't even mention the broccolini :)

-dave

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey Black,

What was your opinion of this dish ?

I had it back in August and I found the Teriyaki sauce to be overpowering to the point of not being able to taste anything else.

The meat was also sub-par. Lot of gristle / fat which is odd for a tenderloin.

We won't even mention the broccolini :)

-dave

I was not impressed with it at all. Le Celier, Coral Reef, Tony's, Tutto, GF Cafe and Narcoossee's were all WAY better. You are right though. The glaze over powered it for sure. It was pretty fatty as well. Same with the burgers at Le Celier. Good but that Maple BBQ was WAY over powering on the burgers. I'm normally picky with toppings that are very noticeable on anything I eat and I should have went with my gut and said to not put it on the steak and my burger. Oh well...like I said in the food report I can at least SAY I ate at California Grill now. I'd rather do Narcoossee's 2 times over California Grill and Narcoossee's.

As for the Broc...They broc at GF Cafe was really really good. As was the meal we had there last year.

Phonedave

I was not impressed with it at all. Le Celier, Coral Reef, Tony's, Tutto, GF Cafe and Narcoossee's were all WAY better. You are right though. The glaze over powered it for sure. It was pretty fatty as well. Same with the burgers at Le Celier. Good but that Maple BBQ was WAY over powering on the burgers. I'm normally picky with toppings that are very noticeable on anything I eat and I should have went with my gut and said to not put it on the steak and my burger. Oh well...like I said in the food report I can at least SAY I ate at California Grill now. I'd rather do Narcoossee's 2 times over California Grill and Narcoossee's.

As for the Broc...They broc at GF Cafe was really really good. As was the meal we had there last year.

I should have went with my gut when I was there.

My oldest daughter had the ravioli in a sweet corn sauce, and she loved it.

I was trying to decide between grouper (yeah, I know, ethical concerns as well), the pork tenderloin, and the beef filet. My waiter said all were good, but he felt that the serrano ham on one grouper could be overpowering but everybody who orders the beef tenderloin loves it. Well, now I know two people that don't :)

I should have gone with the grouper, ethical sustainable fishing can be dammed for one night. I LOVE grouper, I just wish it was not being fished to extinction.

-dave

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I should have went with my gut when I was there.

My oldest daughter had the ravioli in a sweet corn sauce, and she loved it.

I was trying to decide between grouper (yeah, I know, ethical concerns as well), the pork tenderloin, and the beef filet. My waiter said all were good, but he felt that the serrano ham on one grouper could be overpowering but everybody who orders the beef tenderloin loves it. Well, now I know two people that don't :)

I should have gone with the grouper, ethical sustainable fishing can be dammed for one night. I LOVE grouper, I just wish it was not being fished to extinction.

-dave

Yeah our server actually recommended the Filet...Oh well.

Hey man if you like fish and you ever go to Coral Reef and the grilled swordfish is available....GET IT! It was awesome. Like a crispy grilled top and bottom with a soft middle. It was not very fishy tasting at all. It was AWESOME.

disneygirl1

Ok John, so I am already starting to think of places to eat for our Aug/Sept trip next year... We are going for 7 days... Below are the places that I know we are def eating at... I want your thoughts on where else we should look at for dinner. We are doing free dining.

Ohana
Whispering Canyon or Teppan Edo
Chef Mickey's
Tusker House

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Ok John, so I am already starting to think of places to eat for our Aug/Sept trip next year... We are going for 7 days... Below are the places that I know we are def eating at... I want your thoughts on where else we should look at for dinner. We are doing free dining.

Ohana - Colleen and I did not like it all. I've been there twice and did not like it. My brother and his finacee DID like it and went again this past trip. Most people do like it so yeah stick with that.

Whispering Canyon or Teppan Edo - TE all the way. We went to WC and did not like it at all. Yeah it's good atmosphere but that was all.

Chef Mickey's - Chef Mickeys is fun. Last year our food was GREAT. This year not so much, but it is still fun.

Tusker House - Never been here.

Gotta do Le Cellier, Coral Reef, GF Cafe, Tonys (The steak was GREAT) 50's for the fried chicken, Via Napoli, Tutto...those are all the places that stand out and are pretty much must do's when we go.

We also are probably going to go from Fri Sept 2nd till the 12th. We will leave Fri night and with Monday being the holiday Colleen will be there 3.5 days and will have used ZERO vaca days at work. So as of right now that is our plan.

popsicletrees

They were unlike any other ribs that I have ever had. What distinguishes them is that they are so light and are served slightly crispy. They are also extremely tender and not fatty at all. The Guinness sauce is very light and slightly sweet in flavor. There is a definite hint of Guinness flavor but it is not overpowering; it compliments the ribs extremely well.

Thanks for the info. I mentioned the ribs to my husband last night, and his interest was definitely piqued by the name alone.

Phonedave

Ohana - I agree with John. It used to be quite good. The last time I was not happy at all. Maybe it has changed again, but service was horrible, meats were overcooked, and some dishes were room temperature.

Whispering Canyon or Teppan Edo - That's tough. WCC can be fun, and if you are going in to strap on the feedbag, then all you can eat skillets and bottomless milkshakes can't be beat. But it is more about quantity than quality. On the other hand I found the 'entertainment' value of Teppan Edo to be lacking. That is really what you pay for there. The food is nothing special. Our chef might as well have cooked it in the kitchen instead of at the table.

Chef Mickey's - Would you believe I have never been there.

Tusker House - I like Tusker house. It's a very nice setting, and a good assortment of foods.

As to what else.

Well, Le Celliar is the stock answer. I really don't think it is all that special, but for one TS credit it is a great deal HOWEVER, word is they are restructuring the menu to make it a 2 TS credit dinner. That may throw a wrench into your plans. Unless they do something amazing, there are much better 2 TS credit places out there.

I will throw out a vote for Le Chefs de France. One of my favorites.

I happen to like the Biergarten, but it's not for everyone. I like the food there, some do not.

I also like Akershus, but again, its not for everyone.

Cant really think of much else in the realm of 1 TS credit dinners. Plenty of breakfasts though :)

-dave

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Good call Dave. I keep forgetting that Le Cellier goes to 2 credits for dinner. Lunch will remain 1. If they have the filet on the lunch menu I'd definitely do lunch there.

Tater48

Here ya go, blackthidot. This was from our first night on our Cruise (Parrot Cay - Disney Wonder). I had the mixed grill, which had grilled steak, grilled lamb chop, grilled bacon wrapped sausage, and grilled shrimp on top of mashed potatoes with a grilled tomato, asparagus spears and a cabernet mushroom sauce.

2l9qd6b.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom