WDW Favorite Attraction Bracket Polls-Round #1-Group #1 of 8

Choose your 5 favorite WDW attractions out of these 10

• Total voters

jd12

Original Poster
I got a brilliant suggestion from brideck to transform this into bracket-type confrontations.

After some discussion and some work mainly from him, we came up with a broader list of 80 Walt Disney World attractions ranked in 10 tiers.
So, the first round will feature 8 groups of 10 contenders (1 randomly selected from each tier).

The first round will let you vote and decide your favorite Walt Disney World attractions to make it to the Top 40.
Note that the top seed from each group will get a bye directly to the third round.

Let's start today with the first group of round 1 where you will have the choose your favorite 5 WDW attractions out of the 10 proposed in alphabetical order.

Some obvious choices will probably be easy to make but we hope you'll face some heartbreaking ones.

Have fun and keep comments coming to promote your favorites!

Remember to CHOOSE 5

brideck

Out of this group, the bubble attraction I'd like to support most is Living with the Land. I know that it's not the same experience that it was back in Epcot's original heyday, but it is one of the few attractions there that still contain the spark of actual science. Seeing all of the crazy hydroponic setups and the sustainable aquaculture tank always inspire me and make a part of me wish I'd gone into food supply security, innovation, and production. If it's capable of doing the same in even one child, then it will have done its job.

Thanks to jd12 for being open to trying this out. I've seen this sort of thing have success on other forums and I know that we have an opinionated bunch here, so it'll be interesting to see what WDWMagic's favorite attraction is in the whole World.

brideck

My 5 choices... MS (fav of the group ), Pan, TLS, TSM, HoP

The Speedway and the Hall of Presidents in the same list; that's an eclectic combination given the target audience of each. I can only really enjoy the Speedway if I'm on a trip with younger children.

I haven't been to WDW since 2017, so I haven't been to Toy Story Land since it opened, but I'm surprised that Slinky Dog Dash isn't getting more love in the early voting here. It seems to be popular with the unwashed masses given the posted wait times.

JIMINYCR

The Speedway and the Hall of Presidents in the same list; that's an eclectic combination given the target audience of each. I can only really enjoy the Speedway if I'm on a trip with younger children.

I haven't been to WDW since 2017, so I haven't been to Toy Story Land since it opened, but I'm surprised that Slinky Dog Dash isn't getting more love in the early voting here. It seems to be popular with the unwashed masses given the posted wait times.
The list of 10 isnt very thrilling to choose from. I havent had the chance to do SDD so I didnt want to choose it, the choices I made were what I saw was the best out of what was offered.

jd12

Original Poster
Wow, Hall of Presidents almost at 50% and still in the hunt for 4th-5th spot, I did not see that coming. :banghead:

Although I considered it on the bubble at best, Beauty and the Beast still much lower than expected. Slinky is slowly getting some love. ;)

Simba’s Mom

I might have voted for Slinky Dog Dash, but I haven't ridden it yet. It's in the same tier as TSMM, and given a choice, I never pass up TSMM. Maybe some day I'll try it.

brideck

I'm surprised Mission: SPACE has fallen all the way to 5th. It started out very strong, but has slipped since then. Despite the fact that the tiny storage bins claimed my Magic Band a couple of visits ago, I'm a fan of this one, especially now that it offers two completely different experiences depending on whether or not you want to get centrifuged.

Apparently my hearty endorsement of Living with the Land was just too much for it to handle.

brideck

I have not had the pleasure(?) of seeing the UP bird show yet, but I think I would have put the old Guano Joe-infused Flights of Wonder show into my 5th spot instead of Beauty and the Beast. Do others feel the same about the old show (and the UP show is just that massive of a downgrade), or am I just more or less alone in my love for bird shows?

carriebeth

The speedway is pretty much horrible. You wait in the blazing sun and smell horrible fumes the whole time. But it’s one of my favorites and I wouldn’t dream of not going on it repeatedly during a family trip because my young children love that they are driving and are so horrible at it they nearly bounce us out of the cars and as you flail violently from side to side and they are having so much fun...well you can’t seem to stop laughing and it makes for a very memorable great time the attraction itself. Meh. The experience on a whole well that’s not to be missed.

jd12

Original Poster
Wow! Some changes again today, BaTB (17 votes) got a little love but remains far behind. KRR (26) made an impressive comeback (Good!) and is a race with MS (27 OK!) and HoP (22 Still!?!) for the 5th and last qualifying spot. LwL is solid (48 surprise!) in 3rd just ahead of SDD (47 kind of disappointing).

We are at 70 votes and hope to get around 100 by tomorrow night to get significative results. We will leave the voting open but will take a snapshot for official results then. Expect group #2 to be posted sometime tomorrow.

jd12

Original Poster
Official Results - Round #1 - Group #1

1576109735192.png

- Winner of this group Toy Story Mania gets a bye to Round 3-Top 24.
- Next four (PP-SDD-LwL-MS) advance to Round 2-Top 40.

Predictable Top 3.
Living with the Land surprisingly solid in 4th!
Mission: SPACE barely made it over Kali River Rapids (oh!) and Hall of Presidents (luckily).
Without revealing too much, Tier III and IV representatives did not make it.

What do you think about all of this?

hsisthebest

View attachment 432363

Predictable Top 3.
Mission: SPACE barely made it over Kali River Rapids (oh!) and Hall of Presidents (luckily).

What do you think about all of t

View attachment 432363

Predictable Top 3.

What do you think about all of this?
I liked voting for 5- I didn't have to sweat what to place #1, #2, #3 etc. Looking at how UP! performed, I wonder if it would not be to bleak to later vote on the worst overall attraction. Up! Bird adventure is by far my #1 wasted Fastpass of all time.

brideck

I liked voting for 5- I didn't have to sweat what to place #1, #2, #3 etc. Looking at how UP! performed, I wonder if it would not be to bleak to later vote on the worst overall attraction. Up! Bird adventure is by far my #1 wasted Fastpass of all time.

Not wanting to speak for jd, but there were a few attractions that didn't even make the cut into our initial selection of 80 for this, so it would entirely be possible to do a race to the bottom competition afterwards.

There are also a handful of things that Disney considers to be attractions (like Epcot museum exhibits, the various kid play areas, and stuff at Disney Springs) that we excluded from the competition because they're so different. They're so little talked/thought about that it would be interesting to have meaningful discussion about these unique places, too, somehow -- they're part of what makes Disney World so different from most other theme/amusement parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom