WDW expands AP discount for MVMCP

culturenthrills

Original Poster
According to the Orlando Sentinel

http://thedailydisney.com/blog/2009...at-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-events/

"Disney has expanded the list of discounted nights for annual passholders wishing to attend one of the Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party events at the Magic Kingdom. Eligible dates now include every night of the celebrations except for the final one on Dec. 18, according to the passholder page of DisneyWorld.com. Remaining dates are Dec. 4, 6, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15 and 17."

Sounds like ticket sales are down this year.

surfsupdon

Didn't several nights of the Halloween Party used to sell out in years past? Didn't only Halloween sell out this year?

I bet they'd come close to selling out nightly for $15/Guest E-Ride Nights. Now that Space Mtn is back, bring those nights back. Give it a try.

If E Rides used to cost 12 bucks, Disney tacks on about 45 bucks more for the after hour events, which include candy/cookies, fireworks, a parade, and characters dressed in festive costumes.

I liked all 3 parties, but come on, price has gotten a little high.

sweetpee_1993

If attendance were lower and I was traveling during the MVMCP dates I *might* try it again. When we went on a Tuesday night in early December 2007 it felt waaaay oversold and wasn't the pleasant experience I had hoped for. That night sold out so it does look like attendance to the party is down overall.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I was there on the first night of the MVMCP, and they were still selling tickets up to the start of the event. Between this and the email I reeived offering a discount at deluxe resorts the week right after Christmas, it does sound like WDW is needing to draw more people in.....

Biff215

Thanks for sharing this. We've been holding out and debating on getting tickets for our quick trip next week. With a 16 month old the cost does have to be considered since we will likely only spend about 2-3 hours in the park during the party. This is the only way we will get to see the parade, however, so I think we'll go with it.

Now with the extra discounted nights I'm glad we held out! I hope it's worth it! :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom