WDW employment (or anything in the disney company)

grimgringhost

Original Poster
I was reading some posts from awhile ago where people where saying that you only have to be 16 or 17 to work at WDW. I really want to go work at the Disney Store, but I'm 17, so I can't. When I read the posts about only having to be 16 or 17 to work at WDW, I went and inquired about it. They told me there that you can be 17, but you have to be there on a college internship. So, correct me if I'm wrong. (to all you cm's out there), but it is to my understanding that you have to be 18 to work anywhere in the disney company. :veryconfu

cm1988

Originally posted by grimgringhost
...correct me if I'm wrong...you have to be 18 to work anywhere in the disney company. :veryconfu

I really think the minimum age is 16 at WDW... particularly for summer employment. The JobLine web page has a little notice at the bottom saying "†Remember -- if you are under 18, you need to get an adult's permission to dial this number."

And while I'm doing commercials here, I would add, the best WDW career start - short of a Harvard MBA - is going to college and getting into the WDWCP. Check it out! End of commercial.:animwink:

TURKEY

Hey, I am the local college program rep here. Go somewhere else. :D

The age to work is 16 at WDW. There are lots of kids that work at WDW on the weekends only. There is a maximum number of hours that can be worked for minors (20 I think).

WDW also has a couple of programs for high school kids.

The best way will be the College Program. Try and get a job at a local Disney store as soon as you can. It's not the same but its a start.

cm1988

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Hey, I am the local college program rep here. Go somewhere else... :D

Gotta admit, TLB, haven't been a College Program participant myself. Pleased to see an alumnus ready to provide qualified info about it.:p Just remember, I'm lurkin' about here, and if you don't post quickly I might resume my heretical behavior.:lookaroun

And, ok, by the way. Thanks for the clarification above. Especially good suggestion about starting at a local Disney store.

grimgringhost

Original Poster
Originally posted by turkey leg boy
Hey, I am the local college program rep here. Go somewhere else. :D

The age to work is 16 at WDW. There are lots of kids that work at WDW on the weekends only. There is a maximum number of hours that can be worked for minors (20 I think).

WDW also has a couple of programs for high school kids.

The best way will be the College Program. Try and get a job at a local Disney store as soon as you can. It's not the same but its a start.

That's why I'm asking. See, I wanted to go work at the Disney store, but when I talked to the manager, she said you have to be 18, sooo.... Any help? (I appreciate what info you've given so far :animwink: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom