WDW drive from Dallas

Chris

Original Poster
I am moving to Dallas in October. We currently live in Little Rock and it is about a 16 hour drive to Orlando. Even though the drive from dallas to Orlando is about 200 miles farther, it is all interstate. Has anyone driven to WDW from Dallas and if so how long does it really take? I have made the drive from Little Rock about a dozen times and the thought of adding two to three hours to the trip is daunting. :hammer:

Atta83

I drive from Houston and its about a 14 1/2 hour drive. The tip is to bring snacks and drinks along so you dont have to stop that much, well only to get gas.

WDWScottieBoy

Atta83 said:
bring....drinks along so you dont have to stop...

You mean you go 14.5 hours drinking and never have to stop to even go to the restroom, just to get gas? :lol: It's about 22-24 hour drive from where I love, of course flying is the only way for me to go, I can't think about being in a car for that long. (And I have to next year once I move to FL for the rest of my college :sohappy: )

WDWScottieBoy

Atta83 said:
You know what i meant LOL......

I know, just giving a fellow Disney freak a hard time. :hammer: It's all in fun and games. If only I can get my drive down to 14.5 hours (without driving like Rob). :lol:

Atta83

O man i was freaking the whole time when Rob drove my car. But when i drove back me and Dave kept it about 80 on cruise control.

HennieBogan1966

Account Suspended
Austin here

The Wife and I have done the trip twice from Austin. It's about 3 hours to Dallas from here, and the totol trip for us is about 21 1/2 hours. We drove straight thru the first time, which was fun, but very tiring. Although adrenaline took care of that.

goofyguy

I used to live in Dallas (and still have family there) and have made that drive on quite a few occasions. It usually takes us around 17-18 hours to make the trip, and that's with a pretty decent number of restroom breaks. Of course, if I'm driving straight through, I try to do most of the driving overnight. The kids sleep through the trip and there's less traffic. If you're driving during the day I'd expect it to be closer to 18 than 17 hours.

Hope that helps.

WDWScottieBoy

Atta83 said:
O man i was freaking the whole time when Rob drove my car. But when i drove back me and Dave kept it about 80 on cruise control.

I'd be freaking too if Rob drove my car, especially after I saw/heard how fast he was driving yours. And I've been thinking about getting a Ferrari or something like that, and then with me moving to FL next year, I'm sure Rob would want to drive my car, so that would kind of get me to look for something else if he's going to be driving my car. :lol:

donsullivan

Premium Member
I also used to live in Dallas and it typically took me about 18-1/2 hours (driveway to driveway) to make the run. Typically I stayed overnight on the way down to Orlando, but would make the drive back straight through.

TheDisneyGirl02

We just did the drive on Monday from Orlando to Allentown, PA. We left about 5am...thanks to not being able to find gas anywhere in Orlando, and made it home by about 9:30 that night. We stopped three times, breakfast, lunch and dinner. Long drive, but a well worth it trip!

TheDisneyGirl02

PS I didn't realize that Texas was so far away from FL! I hope I didn't just make myself sound like an airhead...oh well! :hammer:

999Ghosts

Chris i hope you get this & you are still in Dallas.
Welcome to Dallas @ years to late !!
Very Special Disney Guest Comes to Dallas NFFC

First if any WDWMAGIC Members are in the Dallas/Fort Worth then please read this!!! Dallas/Fort Worth TX does have A CHAPTER OF THE NFFC. If you do not know what the NFFC is, it is THE OFFICIAL CLUB FOR DISNEYANA ENTHUSIASTS. This month we have a great Disney Guest, George-The-Disney-Tattoo-Guy. If you have never seen him in Parks, TV, Magazines etc, he has over 1,800 Disney Tattoos and is one of the coolest, nicest guy you will meet. This is your chance to sit down and meet him! He is also a Professional Magician and will be performing his Magic Act. Afterwards George will talk about Disney and his tattoos. Contact me if you want to come see what THE DALLAS/FORT WORTH NFFC is all about...

SIR90210

It takes 20 hours of driving to get from Albany, NY to WDW, so I imagine it would be roughly the same from Dallas, dependent upon traffic and food stops. If you're not a big fan of driving, fly or stop somewhere along the way (though I'm not really sure where one could stop on that route, other than New Orleans circa 2004...)

ctwhalerman

That drive must be horrible. From Connecticut it is about 21 hours, and the drive is something like 1100 miles, so its about the same distance as Dallas to Florida, though I'm sure the I-95 corridor is more interesting (NY, Philly, Baltimore, Washington, Savannah) than the drive from Dallas. (and I-95 probably has much more traffic, so it will probably take less time from Dallas.)

And its a shame you won't be able to go to a place I frequent on the drives to Florida- the rancid South of the Border.:hurl:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom