WDW Customer Service Phone Lines Very Busy

Trackmaster

The bigger issue is staffing cuts.

It still doesn't explain why Disney is making policy that encourages people to call in. I feel like in the pre-Covid days, Disney was pretty legit about having a pretty good website and making their policies clear enough that there was very little reason to ever need to call in. Now they're saying "If you want XYZ, call in and we'll make it happen" or word is getting out that "It may look like this is sold out, but call in and a CM will take care of you." They need to knock that stuff off so that it doesn't jam up the line for legitimate issues that are complex enough that they can only be handled over the phone.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
It still doesn't explain why Disney is making policy that encourages people to call in. I feel like in the pre-Covid days, Disney was pretty legit about having a pretty good website and making their policies clear enough that there was very little reason to ever need to call in. Now they're saying "If you want XYZ, call in and we'll make it happen" or word is getting out that "It may look like this is sold out, but call in and a CM will take care of you." They need to knock that stuff off so that it doesn't jam up the line for legitimate issues that are complex enough that they can only be handled over the phone.

Their IT sucks, their policies became confusing as hell (as you said, “call in and XYZ will be taken care of” is a frequent saying) and they cut the staff for all of their phone banks. Makes sense, doesn’t it?

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I needed to add my flight info for DME today. It said the wait would be 68 min but ended up being around 36. Speakerphone just kept going thru the loop until they answered and I continued to do other things.
Yeah I do that, just wish it was music only because as soon as someone starts talking, even if recorded, I reach for my phone...... :angelic:

Last edited:

Trackmaster

Their IT sucks, their policies became confusing as hell (as you said, “call in and XYZ will be taken care of” is a frequent saying) and they cut the staff for all of their phone banks. Makes sense, doesn’t it?

Yeah, you might be right about the IT. I know I was using having some issues before Covid. I applaud that they're ambitious with what they try to do, but there were always errors. Maybe the issue is that they try to do too much in house when most other parks probably use third party providers?

I guess a lot of the issues that we're seeing now is just poor strategy, policy, and communication -- even if you take the technical aspects out of it. Why encourage people to call in to plead their case for pass extensions? Why tell people to call in to negotiate refunds on a case by case basis? And you wonder why your call centers are jammed up? What are you magically going to learn about a guest on the phone that's of any relevance for this stuff that should be cut and dry?

Honestly, WDW should have just did what DLR did. Refund all prorated portions of APs from day #1 and require single day dated tickets for all Covid era visits. Announce that when the caseloads get better and they're turning a page on Covid that the APs will be back and for sale.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom