WDW Construction Photos

DisneyFreak

Original Poster
Anybody know of a website that has early construction photos of WDW being built like they have in some of the Disney books?

Disney_Freak:oþ

Yea! I seen some construction photos of Rockin' Roller Coaster.
It's like,the roller coaster part and I would have NEVER rode it if I knew it looked like that!! Although I don't remember where it was. I just now looked through all kinds of stuff and i couldn't find it....sorry

WDW-Imagineer

Originally posted by Disney_Freak:eek:þ
Yea! I seen some construction photos of Rockin' Roller Coaster.
It's like,the roller coaster part and I would have NEVER rode it if I knew it looked like that!! Although I don't remember where it was. I just now looked through all kinds of stuff and i couldn't find it....sorry

He's talking about the construction of WDW (MK - circa 1971). I searched around and could find some... I'm afraid the best resource are the books. :(

Disney Dave

Yeah, I have the "Walt Disney Imagineering: A behind The Scenes Look On Making The Magic Real" book and it has great pictures of the construction of Disney World. I suggest you get it if you want really good pictures

WDW-Imagineer

Also, I would suggest "Since the World Began" the 25th anniversary book which has very good information about the entire Florida Project - from land aquisition, design, land preparation, construction, expansion, and WDW today (well.. in 1996-7 - Before AK was opened, but has information about it).

Seano846

Originally posted by Disney Dave
Yeah, I have the "Walt Disney Imagineering: A behind The Scenes Look On Making The Magic Real" book and it has great pictures of the construction of Disney World. I suggest you get it if you want really good pictures

I agree, that has been the best book for pictures that I have found so far

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom