WDW Christmas Question

KaneMarko

Original Poster
We’ve been to Disney a bunch of times but never during the Christmas season. So we’re considering going down there this year during the Christmas Season to see all the Disney Christmas festivities. When is a good time to go when all the Christmas decorations are out yet isn’t overly crowded due to all the kids being out of school?

KaneMarko

Original Poster
Thank You.

Another question. What are some things that can be seen at Disney during Christmas? I know Cinderella Castle is dec'd up. And I know about the huge Gingerbread house at the Grand Floridian. But what are some of the other things WDW does during Christmas?

EPCOTPluto

All the resorts do something related with the Christmas season, whether it be decorations or a chocolate sculpture or little fun activities.
In other parks...
EPCOT - Holiday Storytellers in each World Showcase pavilion and Lights of Winter
DHS - Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights
AK - Mickey's Jingle Jungle Parade
You can youtube them for full pleasure of Christmas in July! :xmas:

And I always feel like they decorate for Christmas earlier and earlier each year...

KaneMarko

Original Poster
Thank You.

I remember a few years ago we went in late October and they had already started putting Christmas lights up at the then MGM a day or two after Halloween if memory serves.

As mentioned, out of all the times we've gone to WDW, we've never gone during the Christmas season and really want to experience it. Hopefully we get the chance to go this year.

Vernonpush

Thank You.

I remember a few years ago we went in late October and they had already started putting Christmas lights up at the then MGM a day or two after Halloween if memory serves.
As mentioned, out of all the times we've gone to WDW, we've never gone during the Christmas season and really want to experience it. Hopefully we get the chance to go this year.

With the number of lights at the studio the need to start early:

DSC00387-1.jpg

And that's just a small portion of the lights :lol:

87 GN

We were there last year they already started putting lights up for the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights in September we were in Hollywood Studios on Sept 11th, 08

Goofy316

This will be my first time going in December and I cannot wait. Just seeing that picture has got me so excited.:sohappy:

Thanks for posting that!

ccarter30

We have gone the last four years during Christmas and it has always gotten more crowded the closer that you are to Christmas. If you are worried I would go at least two weeks before Christmas. Two things that we always do that I haven't seen mentioned are mickey's very merry Christmas party at mk and the candlelight processional at epcot.

tonynull

We have been there for the first week of December several times and everything about it is perfect...the decorations, the activities, the weather, the lowest crowds.... Have Fun!

gettingsmaller

We went something like Dec 16th-23rd last year. You could definitely tell that it got more crowded toward the end. It was not terrible most of the time, but definitely more crowded than Sept. the previous year.

A big hit with us/our kids:
Chinese Acrobats (maybe there all the time?)
Glass blower making Christmas ornaments (near Germany, I think)--you could have ornaments custom-colored and engraved. They were all 50% off at the time and the price was very reasonable. Plus, it was cool to watch.
Candlelight Processional - the Dinner package is the way to go if you want to see this. Big lines.

maelstrom

My favourite things about WDW at Christmas are the Osborne Lights at MGM (an incredible amount of lights... just amazing), the icicle lights on Cinderella Castle (they make it look like an ice sculpture), the Lights of Winter (it's so cool to ride the monorail through them... and if you go during a non-Christmas time, look for the bolted covers in the walkway for the poles), and the free cookies at Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party (yummy enough to bring a baggie to take some home). The entire MVMCP is magical in and of itself as well. Aww... now I want to go. :(

The Disney Girl

Usually between the week after Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas is the best time.

This is very true. I've always gone on Christmas or for New Years, and the parks are completely packed. My husband has been earlier in December, and he says it's absolutely perfect! My sister has also been to Disneyland at this time, and she said it wasn't crowded either.

AGentlRose

Last year, we were there from Dec. 14 -19, weather was great and the crowds were light. I loved the MVMCP and the Epcot Candlelight Processional, although we did the dinner package, I didn't particularly think our seats were that great. We were there 45 min prior as stated on our packet, and they were already seating the standby line on the right hand side facing the stage. Although we were in the second row, because of the percussion section, our view was blocked. I wouldn't do the package again, just be on the standby line well ahead of showtime. My DH loved the Osborne Lights and even though our time was limited, we went to see them twice during our stay. This year we're going Nov. 29 - Dec. 4.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom