WDW being forgotten by execs?

We need someone like this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XsQg3JoMZ0

To make TDO seem foolish.
TDO would just continue to laugh their way to the bank cashing in their bonuses, while continuing to slash budgets and projects. This is the way they have operated for more than 17 years, notoriously seen when they removed 20k and replaced it with absolutely nothing. They have their heads stuck so far up their they cant even understand basic economics and the business of theme parks. We need someone like to take charge in managment and when a project that is beneficial for the parks is on the table anyone who proposes that it be slashed or cut should be shown the door and fired. We can not put up with this ________________ any longer we need to start campaigns and show TDO we are not taking their ________________ any more.

Mrs.Toad

Thanks so much DisneyParksFan1! After thinking about this for years I guess I just had to ramble and get it out!:wave:

Well, anyway on with Magic Kingdom...

Fantasyland: (with commentary on what I have read about the Expansion) Maybe some people may not feel this way but I am feeling very uneasy about this. Three years, tons of money, and the only thing I am cool with and excited about is the Ariel ride, Beauty and the Beast restaurant, and perhaps Dumbo add-ons in that order. So, three years, their biggest expansion, and tons of money and all we get is two rides and a sit-down restaurant? Because to me these are the lasting, what will always be packed parts of their expansion. Restaurants also supplement income outside from park tickets so that was a no brainer. However, I love sit-down so bring 'em on!

Now for the princesses castles. And I was a little girl once, who went to WDW with her parents and a little brother, so I am going to put myself in their glass slippers for a moment. It is the same death sentence that Toon Town is getting, and I lost count on how many names it has had. We went first when it was called, I think, Mickey's Birthdayland and I still have the pictures of my brother and I posing with the characters at Mickey's house, Minny's house, Scrooge McDuck's vault or something, and that was the last time we ever went near that land. Still children the following year that we went to WDW, but we would rather go on the rides. Now that is a smaller area, and so is the daily meet and greets at WDW, and if they still have that Ariel's Grotto area in Fantasyland ( not sure because I never go there.)

I give the princesses castles/designated structures a good, jam-packed year before the lines start to lighten. Of course, there will always be little girls in their princess outfits so excited to see them, and we want the girls to enjoy themselves and have fun, but I don't think it will be a lasting testament to the park.

A few other considerations:

I think that it takes away from Cinderella's castle which is the icon of MK. Will it lose a bit of its uniqueness now that is is not the only princess castle or abode in the park?

Why not just have one amazing, general meet and greet area with some cool extras for the princesses and make it spectacular? Save on space and money and use the money for other options in MK and the other parks. And what the heck is the Forest part all about? I believe it is called the Fantasyland Forest Expansion. Oh, dear, more space with no attractions.

Did I hear correctly or did Universal also put a Forbidden Forest in the Wizarding World area?

This project will take up loads of space that could be used for other more interactive ride experiences or even shows, will cost gazillions, and pretty much stump any new ideas from developing in MK and most likely the other parks as well.

Once I heard the words, largest expansion ever, it made me apprehensive and I could hear the click of the money vault closing on future projects and rides.

I know myself even from a small age. Very predictable. I will walk through the forest, check out the castles once, and then never go back because I'd rather sit on the benches in the Main Street rose garden contemplating with my fiance which ride we should go on next.

And the little boys and little girls that aren't too keen on princesses or are shy may not feel this is fun either.

I don't know much about it but I think they had Pirate events and that guy I saw on youtube that was a dead ringer for Johhny Depp that dressed as Captain Sparrow. I think that if you walk to the right past POTC and enter Frontierland there may be an area that can be expanded so something could be done for the boys too. Perhaps an interactive Black Pearl ship area with Captain Sparrow or whatever. And more fun ideas too. And cut back on the forest and the princess divas that can't share a palace because they all need their own! And heck, young and old love Pirates so it may be fun for everyone.

Also, why does Mickey and Minny have to get evicted and displaced. It is his park! Also, Goofy is getting his Barnstormer repossessed. And an article said that some of it would be moved or changed and brought closer to the entrance of the park. Well, not the Barnstormer, it is just getting redone and re-themed.

Dear Lord! Please tell me that they are not going to remove something from Main Street or play around with it. Let it be!

And I think this will kill momentum and anticipation because if you walk in the park you always hope you will see Mickey at some point. If you see where he lives right away does it kill the surprise? It was cool to enter the park and know that if you travelled the end of it Mickey's house was there and he might be home.

The only thing I want back to Main Street are the Swan Boats which I never got to see.

And the foot long hot dog carts but I guess I'm pushing it.

I like the idea of walking to all areas in the park, large or small, open or hidden, and stumbling across a character or two here and there. I think designated areas with lines get old quick. Maybe it's me.

As for architecture, I hope Fantasyland isn't changed too much. I won't be there for a few months so I'll have to read more updates on the progression. It should always be light, airy, pastel, and whimsical.

And please don't touch any more rides! Oh, yeah, and Winnie the Pooh is cute but they could have made a very simple ride, better.

Oh, and bring back Mr. Toad!

Fantasyland, besides the Castle, is open for so many creative ideas for a truly outstanding table service concept. Where is it? Will Beauty and the Beast restaurant cut it? And Fantasyland is the place for more classic rides using ideas from the classic Disney vault.

Perhaps Bambi will be in the Forest?

Next time: Liberty Square, Frontierland, and miscellaneous stuff like my park improvement plan for more of what I call teaser attractions.

Tenny317

Ha I know it sounds like an oxymoron from me but we would probably have to start a new thread to send something. I just think when things are heard from the masses it is more effective...I'm terrible at these things I need some help please! :)

Vince3

Why all the complaining? After all,WDW did received a old/new parade & a old/new attraction at Epcot. Plus, they just changed the name of the TTA to TTAPeopleMover! Fer christsakes what more do you want?!
Oh, one more thing: WDW also added to ticket prices ! They just keep on giving!

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
Why all the complaining? After all,WDW did received a old/new parade & a old/new attraction at Epcot. Plus, they just changed the name of the TTA to TTAPeopleMover! Fer christsakes what more do you want?!

Lol, that's funny.

misterID

Hahaha

Well, when you put it that way....

:lol:

GoofyFan1

Any other WDW fans that feel like the little brother that gets all the hand-me-downs?:shrug:

Grizzly Hall 71

This is funny but the sad thing is this is probally what TDO is saying as they read this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom