wdw at home

828tnt

Original Poster
this may be a bit different from most forum topics, but i'm interested in some ideas besides my own and I figured I would ask some experts!

my wife and I are building a new home and we are looking for some, let's call it "creative Disney World representation".;)

just to be clear, i'm not really interested in things like "have a shelf for this, or a cupboard for that....", we will do those things later. as far as painting rooms go, we are gonna wait until elias is a bit older and he can make a few choices on his own. (he just turned 18 months for those who may remember us!) also, no, we aren't going to put our own jungle cruise or splash mountain in our back yard- as much as I may enjoy that lol.

here are a few of my own ideas we may try to mix into our home (in a we know, but it still looks nice or normal to others who don't kind of way):

-I've always loved the torches around the world showcase lagoon. i'd love to have something smaller but similar in our back yard and patio.

-I love main street at night with all of the lights. maybe something lighting around the patio/ pool area.

-i'm thinking of putting a small hidden mickey in the stone above our fireplace.

-crystal palace is always a must stop and I'm hoping we can incorporate it's interior architectural style into our breakfast nook. just to mane a few.

of course not all ideas are very realistic, but now is the time for us to incorporate our wants into the design process. if you have any pictures, they would likely be helpful. even small stuff like carpeting- although I think it'll be next to impossible to find in most cases.

I appreciate your ideas (or jokes if they're creative ;))!

luv

I think those are all entirely do-able. Although lighting a pool and patio is kind of just something that needs to be done, so I'm not sure how yours would be different.

Love the idea of putting a little Crystal Palace in the kitchen. In fact, loving the trending toward brighter kitchens in general. All that dark granite, stainless steel and black appliances was not my favorite of fads. I'm starting to see more people building brighter kitchens and the stuff in stores is starting to brighten up a bit! Can't wait until there are a lot more selections for remodeling!!

You should post pics of the kitchen before you move in. :)

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Some day, I swear, I'm taking part of a basement or spare room and at least doing one wall up like the Tiki Room. A false wall with a window that goes out onto a tropical scene, plants in between, maybe even going crazy and trying to rig up a "thunderstorm" effect.
This might not happen until I am 70 years old, but it will.

I also sketched out plans once to build a frame to place around my kid's bunk beds to make it look like the outside of "Its a Small World" (DL version). Doubt I'll ever get around to building it though.

I have a passion for all the original Magic Kingdom ride posters. Have a room or hallway full of the ride posters. Then I also like to collect the park maps from every visit. Put a map holder on the wall under the posters. Suddenely you feel like you are just walking into Magic Kingdom under the railroad where all the posters and maps are. OR get crafty and make some tombstones modelled after the ones at the entrance to the Haunted Mansion and put in your garden or patch of grass near front door.

I_heart_Tigger

I have some posters from Sid Cahuenga's framed and on the walls of my home theatre. My plan when I get a house with a bigger back yard is to have a Tea Garden next to a tree that I can put lanterns or mini lights on to kind of look like the Mad Tea Party.

My BF has no idea that his studio where his band practices and records is actually decorated like ToT. I haven't maintained the dust and cobwebs because the place is actually quite clean but there is a red couch, some vintage wall sconce type lighting, a large palm type tree, heavy red patterened curtains etc. He thinks I just made it "gothic" looking because it's a hard rock/metal band. ;)

I also plan to do a fibre optic garden path when we get a new home to remind me of Epcot.

828tnt

Original Poster
I have some posters from Sid Cahuenga's framed and on the walls of my home theatre. My plan when I get a house with a bigger back yard is to have a Tea Garden next to a tree that I can put lanterns or mini lights on to kind of look like the Mad Tea Party.

My BF has no idea that his studio where his band practices and records is actually decorated like ToT. I haven't maintained the dust and cobwebs because the place is actually quite clean but there is a red couch, some vintage wall sconce type lighting, a large palm type tree, heavy red patterened curtains etc. He thinks I just made it "gothic" looking because it's a hard rock/metal band. ;)

I also plan to do a fibre optic garden path when we get a new home to remind me of Epcot.

Not sure if its in our budget, but the fiber optic pavement from Epcot would be awesome!

PUSH

In my bedroom I have a small(ish) bulletin board with souvenirs tacked to it. I have park maps, FPs, pins, photos, autograph book, etc on it. It's not really much, but it's better than nothing!

Also, in a backyard/patio area you could hang up Mickey-head lights. We have them and use them when we used to go camping. We'd string them on the awning of the camper.

GHOST1000

Don't know if you have young children or not. When mine were little I had painted their ceiling a flat gray and airbrushed stars and milky ways on it w/ hidden mickeys in it and mounted a black light around. My daughters room , I rented a projector and did Bambi scenes on her walls w/ painting over the shadows thrown by the projector. Got these ideas when riding peter pan back in the day. Sorry I didn't get pics of it back then. Kitchen , I have lots of Mickey cooking utensils or hot pads. Different note ,,I have over time bought wireless Sony speakers that link up to my iPad and play subsonic DISNEY audio and music out the back yard and can control them w/ the iPad to each speaker as you want. Almost like Disney music transitioning from scene to scene. Took many of the haunted mansions secrets (black lights especially ) at Halloween ,when setting the yard up. Almost endless if you really pay attention to details when your at the parks and have some creativity in you

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I think those are all entirely do-able. Although lighting a pool and patio is kind of just something that needs to be done, so I'm not sure how yours would be different.
2a3.jpg

Because, how many people have patios / concrete around the pool that does this at night?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom