• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

WDW Annual Pass and Ticket Increase Watch

Chef Mickey

Advertisement
It's just another thing for people to get all fired up about. There is not necessarily a "set" schedule for price changes. They are subject to change at any time.

larryz

Can't 'Member Anything
Premium Member
They might even announce it today, taking effect Sunday morning...

networkpro

IMHO, it doesnt matter other than its a trigger event for the lamentations to commence about how "x is being priced out of the {parks, vacations, life}" and "Walts frozen head is spinning in its beaker"

helenabear

Remember too they did AP increases twice last year. No telling if they will or did the increases ahead to make sure they got their dough before SW opens.

I think this one is extra special cause it could tip off the release date for StarWarsland.
Blackout dates would tip this off, but not an annual pass increase. I'm not sure how those two would even really be connected at Disney World

freediverdude

I just saw a news story listed on Google news about price hikes starting tomorrow or the next day and 3 reasons why it makes sense, but it was quickly removed when i went back to it after not being able to find anything anywhere else. So I don't know if that means it is not going to happen, or whether Disney is keeping careful watch and not letting leaks get out like in the past.

Shouldigo12

I just saw a news story listed on Google news about price hikes starting tomorrow or the next day and 3 reasons why it makes sense, but it was quickly removed when i went back to it after not being able to find anything anywhere else. So I don't know if that means it is not going to happen, or whether Disney is keeping careful watch and not letting leaks get out like in the past.
Was it this one? https://www.fool.com/amp/investing/2019/02/16/3-reasons-disney-world-is-increasing-prices-this-m.aspx

scorp16

I just renewed today based on the "fear factor" of the impending "announcement" (thanks WDW Magic) which I'm convinced will factor in SWGE. Old FL Res AP (Platinum pass) expires March 5. I actually downgraded to "Gold" (and saved about $500 for the family) so now we have a blackout period of 2 weeks during Easter break and 2 during Christmas/New Years. Having gone during the Christmas/New Year's period the last 2 years.........We're good for at least a couple of years. (Which makes me question my decision of paying the extra $500 to experience that madness in the first place.)

No Price Increase for me (at least for a year) :D

CAV

Rising ticket prices. APs skyrocketing. Resort parking fees. Food costs keep inching up. It's all more than ever.....and that has me wondering, who is the genius behind their new marketing slogan: "Now, more than ever.". You don't say!

Pooh.sHoneyHuntTDL

Original Poster
Not exactly sure how it will do that.

I expect to hear the DLR official opening date next week, though.
I think it would tip off the potential target date of StarWarsLand when they announce the ticket prices. Usually the ticket increases are in early February but say an announcement on Feb 25th would mean a StarWarsLand target of Oct 25th, an announcement on Feb 17th = Oct 17th and so forth.

By doing this they minimize by even a day the time frame that the older AP holders have to use StarWarsLand. If the price hike is on Feb 28th and StarWars open on Oct 28th, then those who renewed on Feb 27th (old price) would only have 3 months max to use Star Wars Land.

disneyfireman

It's just another thing for people to get all fired up about. There is not necessarily a "set" schedule for price changes. They are subject to change at any time.
I know. This will be the whine and moan time for people that will no longer go to Disney. Comical really. What people complain about.

Kamikaze

I think it would tip off the potential target date of StarWarsLand when they announce the ticket prices. Usually the ticket increases are in early February but say an announcement on Feb 25th would mean a StarWarsLand target of Oct 25th, an announcement on Feb 17th = Oct 17th and so forth.

By doing this they minimize by even a day the time frame that the older AP holders have to use StarWarsLand. If the price hike is on Feb 28th and StarWars open on Oct 28th, then those who renewed on Feb 27th (old price) would only have 3 months max to use Star Wars Land.
Yeah, that has literally zero to do with it. You can only renew your AP 60 days early or 30 days late (and that doesn't extend the dates). So if people are buying them every year, the AP dates they have don't change. They can't 'maximize' the dates based on when attractions are opening. You're creating a scenario that doesn't exist.

Top Bottom