WDW 4 months pregnant

redfive13

Original Poster
My wife and I are planning a trip to WDW in April. We go to WDW every year, but this will be the first time we go as a pregnant couple. I know that Disney posts "Caution" signs up on just about every ride in the park, so my question is... will there be enough stuff for us to do as a pregnant couple? What rides do you think would be OK to ride?

maggiegrace1

There is plenty to do and she will not miss doing the other stuff..

She basically can not do the mountains..Splash,Thunder,Space and Everest or rides that drop or shake you..Tower of Terror,RnRC,Star Tours, Dinosaur..things like that.

She can do almost everything else...I would recommend avoiding the ones with the "Caution:Do not ride if Pregnant" signs..even though I know some people will still ride some of them..I personally would not risk it..the rides will be there when you go back.;;)

Have fun!

KC82271

Just don't overdue it! I did on day 1. I walked the Magic Kingdom and ended up on bed rest the rest of my trip.

disneygirl1

There is still plenty to do! I was in Disney when I was 3 months pregnant and was still able to do everything except the major thrill rides. Just have your wife check w/her Dr. for any restrictions.

Also, just take it slow and pace yourself. Between the heat and walking I tired very quickly. Make sure she stays hydrated and eats regularly and she should be good to go!

Have fun and congratulations!!

ErickainPA

Make sure to grab a mid-day rest. I went to Disneyland at 5 1/2 months pregnant with twins and the rest was needed. I was 1 1/2 months pregnant with my son when I went to WDW. Definitely went and rested, since it was so early I was always tired anyway.

scorp111

My wife and I are planning a trip to WDW in April. We go to WDW every year, but this will be the first time we go as a pregnant couple. I know that Disney posts "Caution" signs up on just about every ride in the park, so my question is... will there be enough stuff for us to do as a pregnant couple? What rides do you think would be OK to ride?

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS!:sohappy:

We went when my wife was right around 20 weeks. We still had a great time:king:

Sure you need to take it easier, maybe give her a foot rub in the evening, and be careful what you ride.:D But there is still a ton of things you can experience. The atmosphere :cool:, the food :slurp:, just being at WDW!:lol:

As far as specifics, only you can make those decisions, but keep in mind the normal motions one endures while pregnant anyways. Slow moving rides without a lap bar are almost always a pretty safe bet!

Enjoy your time together.... before the little mousekateer arrrives:ROFLOL:

thrupaytonseyes

There is plenty to do and she will not miss doing the other stuff..

She basically can not do the mountains..Splash,Thunder,Space and Everest or rides that drop or shake you..Tower of Terror,RnRC,Star Tours, Dinosaur..things like that.

She can do almost everything else...I would recommend avoiding the ones with the "Caution:Do not ride if Pregnant" signs..even though I know some people will still ride some of them..I personally would not risk it..the rides will be there when you go back.;;)

Have fun!

I agree with maggie grace. The only one that I did ride even with a caution was the safari. I had read somewhere that it is less bumpy way up front so I asked to sit right behind the driver. After having a miscarriage the year before I wouldn't risk anything this past pregnancy, but felt the safari wasn't a risk. And my DS is a healthy 8 month old now going on his 2nd trip to WDW in April, well third if you count his trip in my belly!

Tell her to make sure she stays very hydrated, even if that means visiting every bathroom rather than every other bathroom if she were to skip drinking so much water around the world!!!! I swear you can drink nothing for a whole day while pregnant and still have to use the restroom every 1/2 hour!

BTW, Congrats!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom