WDW 30th ANNIVERSARY?

thedisneyfan

Original Poster
I was just wandering if anyone heard or saw anything special relating to WDW's 30th? I hope that they have at least designed some unique merchandise for the occassion. I think that they're missing out on a big opportunity by not strongly promoting the 30 th anniversary as well. :confused:

DisneyFreak

How lucky am I? Since I share the same birth year as WDW I'm sure all never be able to forget how old I am. :(

I thought that I heard they are planning a few small things for the 30th but not much. The main event is Walt's 100th.

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by MrPromey
The 39th stuff will probably be worth more to collectors down the road though since it will be more obscure - that is, if you are into that kind of thing...

Those 39th items should be very obscure. ;)

Mattore

There will most likely be no official celebration of 30 years other than the 100 years celebration that will overshadow everything else.

Originally posted by thedisneyfan
I was just wandering if anyone heard or saw anything special relating to WDW's 30th? I hope that they have at least designed some unique merchandise for the occassion. I think that they're missing out on a big opportunity by not strongly promoting the 30 th anniversary as well. :confused:

WDW is not celebrating the 30th anniversary, there gonna do the the Walt Disney 100th instead since they already did a 25th anniversary thingy.

MrPromey

;), they have already released merchandise that says 30th on it. They are acknowledging it but I think they see the 100 years as being the bigger of the two so they are going with that for the most part.

markymark

So there is going to be some stuff with 30th (or 39th;) ) thats good news coz my wife is 30 this year and I was hoping to get her something nice from there. (I'm nice like that!!!!)

I know that the 100 Years is the main celebration, but one of the main reasons we are going over the 1st October, is so we can be in MK on that day. We went for 1st Oct 1996 for the start of the 25th celebrations and thought it was a good excuse to come back again!!

MickeyMoose15

Account Suspended
Disney will be selling 30th Anniversary merchandise but they will not be celebrating it too much because of the 100 Years of Magic celebration. I checked Ebay and they had a 30th Anniversary pin.

markymark

Lightning strikes outside the castle as MrPromey laughs omniosly hunched over a lab table with a jar containing DisneyFreaks brain! "Where shall I prod it next" he wonders aloud as a rat scurries across the floor behind him...

:eek: Did I type that out loud? Sorry, too much caffeine today... :(

SEE!!! SEE!!! I told you!!!

MrPromey

Originally posted by markymark

SEE!!! SEE!!! I told you!!!

Honestly! Where do you guys get this stuff? :rolleyes: Marky, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Are you feeling, OK today? I'm really beginning to wonder about the two of you... :confused:

markymark

Honestly! Where do you guys get this stuff? :rolleyes: Marky, I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. Are you feeling, OK today? I'm really beginning to wonder about the two of you... :confused:

Now I see Thread People!!!!

Don't be trying that with me matey. I know what you typed and it is still quoted on my post!!!

Its you, you are the one with the split personality, yes you (both of ya!)

Poor DF was nearly pushed over the edge, well just coz he's gone away don't think you can turn your evil mind on me

OK!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom