WDW 2002 vacation video

NADisney

Original Poster
For years I have receieved vacation videos showing whats new ,whats to do.The new video talks less about the 100th celebration and still shows attraction scenes from Disneyland and old Attractions (if you watch the Fantasyland overhead flight scene you will see Mr. Toad's Wild Ride and 20,000 Leagues ).

"They also say "Surprise Mornings" still exist ,but the brochure that comes with the video says:

...now that early Theme Park entrance has gone away , We've added a little Character to your Resort stay....

Many of our Guests chose not to take advantage of our Surprise Mornings program,They told us they wanted more Disney Characters."

I disagree with this ,I have always enjoyed getting into the park to ride my favorite attractions before the parks get to crowded, and they always seem packed in the mornings for early resot entry.

Another disclamer in the video says the PoP Century resort will open in March 2002 , located in the handbook the resort is not schedule to open untill summer 2003.

The video box says : 100 years of magic WDW 2002 vacation video....lol

more like " lets edit old film pieces together and give you two annoying hosts to make you spend more money you don't have, to take a vacation .

:rolleyes:

Pioneer Hall

Well the video was made before they put the cutbacks in to effect. It is much easier to change the book than it is to edit the video.

Lance

I get the video every year, I got mine about two weeks ago. I watched it, and yeah it's just the same video with new things.

I don't really care about the video, I just get it for the brochure and resort prices.

Tom Morrow

What a lie. Theres always quite a lot of people on surprise mornings! And its not like they have the entire park open! Its also only for one hour. Its just more of their cutbacks.

NADisney

Original Poster
Sorry Grizzly ,no bears.

But I do expect the video to be updated with the times.and why can't they make a vaccation video for Disneyland resort .

DisneyWorldGuru

I have also recived the videos since 1989 and they are still using old people and pictures of rides. In the 2000 video they had a women talking about her kid being in WDW for the year 2000. The thing is I got the video in 1999 and the same women shows up in the 2001-2002 video again but talking about the 100 years of magic. Whats the deal? They are still using what looks to be a brother and sister hanging on a character in the 80's.

Domboy

I agree

We get Disney Planning Videos in the UK and the last couple have been a bit pants

I guess we get the same version as you US guys but this year at least they used mroe UK based people to make it sound like it was made for the UK market and not a one sto fits all

But its always good fun to see the bits and pieces

:animwink:

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Domboy
I agree

We get Disney Planning Videos in the UK and the last couple have been a bit pants

I guess we get the same version as you US guys but this year at least they used mroe UK based people to make it sound like it was made for the UK market and not a one sto fits all

But its always good fun to see the bits and pieces

:animwink:

You must now be getting a different video this year. I guess they take the same video and use different people. But I think that what ever country it is actually Disney Cast Members on the video.

epcot71

i got my 100 year video a couple of months ago and i noticed one scene there is a woman talking about her daughter loving disney but the backround has some carasel from another theme park?????-OPPSSS

by the way-not a another disney park but looked like six flags over georgia or something:confused: :confused:

Pan

I ordered my video like 4 months ago and it finally got here the week after we got back. What's up with that!!??

Lance

Originally posted by Pan
I ordered my video like 4 months ago and it finally got here the week after we got back. What's up with that!!??

Yeah, I had a problem, mine took about a month. I got an email from disney a week after I ordered and said they were sorry it took so long to process my order, and they said it was being shipped out PRIORITY MAIL.

3 weeks later I finally have it. Nice priority mail, but what can you expect, it's a free video.

Jedi Osborn

Yep, my wife even tried ordering another one in her parents name and we haven't seen that one either. Oh well. Guess we'll have to try again.

DisneyWorldGuru

Originally posted by Pan

I got my video a week ago. I had to re-order it five times. Also space*mt*rangersaid they paid for yours. Why did you pay for yours they are free.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom