Trip Report WDL/CA Report and Comparison to WDW MK/DHS

Just got back from DL after not being there since 1985. The following is MY OPINION.

After reading on these boards about how most on here yearn for DL versions to be in MK I have to say I just dont get it...90% of the time the MK ride is superior and 100% the queue in WDW is superior (I realize the queue size in DL is usually limited but some places it is not like Hyperspace Mountain and that queue is just awful compared to WDW SM queue).

PotC: Better ride than WDW. More scenes with the dead pirates and more scenes of the city aftermath as well as the two drops at the beginning. The bayou beginning though is a head scratcher.
The queue at WDW is eons better.

Jungle Cruise: MK version is better except the piranha part in DL is fun and a neat effect.

Hyperspace Mountain: So many love this vs MK version and wow I could not disagree more. The star wars overlay is not great except for one tie fighter part. You do feel like you are going a little faster but it is a two seater ride instead of single seater. This removes a lot of the thrill for me. The queue has almost no themeing to get you amped up for the ride and the one big spaceship they have for a theme isnt even a star wars ship.

Haunted Mansion: Personally like DL theme better than the WDW theme. The head box ghost is so awesome but the placement is odd. The themeing when you get on the doombuggy and enter is much better in WDW. DL version has nothing for a good 5 to seconds which is odd.

Main Street: It is much better than WDW except for the working barbershop and the glass blower.

Splash Mountain: The single seater logs are awesome EXCEPT it means you get SOAKED compared to the WDW version which may or may not be a good thing to you. Walking around soaked is not good to me. You move so much quicker on the DL version and so many scences seem to be cut from the WDW version. The extra scenes that DL does have are bizarre and not well done. The WDW version is superior in nearly every way.

Misc:
The fortune teller machines are really fun : Esmerelda and the penny arcade, Shrunken Ned, and Fortune Red. WDW should have these. With SotMK and the Pirates interactive stuff WDW more than makes up for this though.

All omnimover rides in DL seem to be set faster than WDW counterparts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom