WD T-Shirt Size Question

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Can anyone tell me why the t-shirts at the parks only go up to size XXL? That wouldn't be much of a problem if the shirts were sized properly, but I've always found that if you normally wear a Large in shirts, you better get a XL at WDW. For some reason, I've always found this to be so. And now I wear a XXL in normal shirts, mainly because of length and width, and if they offered a XXXL I would start buying those and after they shrunk a little after washing, they would be a perfect fit.

Does anyone know the reasoning why the sizes stop there? There are PLENTY of people at WDW that wear bigger sizes than me and I know some of them would be willing to buy shirts as well. Am I the only one who think that the park shirts are sized smaller than most other shirts you buy?

EDIT: The topic is supposed to read WDW instead of WD. Darn typo :)

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
When I worked @ WDW I was told by merchandise CMs that everything is actaully about a 1/2-size to 1-size larger than marked on the tags. For example a t-shirt marked XL fits like a 2x, etc. I usually wear a 2XL and I bought a 2XL shirt and it was too big on me. That's just my $.02

~~86 DAYS!!!!

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Fallen Angel said:
When I worked @ WDW I was told by merchandise CMs that everything is actaully about a 1/2-size to 1-size larger than marked on the tags. For example a t-shirt marked XL fits like a 2x, etc. I usually wear a 2XL and I bought a 2XL shirt and it was too big on me. That's just my $.02

~~86 DAYS!!!!

Wow that's something. It doesn't just seem to be me either, but everyone in my family gets a size larger than they normally wear. And my Mom and Brother are both very average sized.

Scooter

On my last trip to WDW I saw some 3X and 4X Disney T-shirts in The World of Disney Store. Not much of a selection, but they were there. I can't remember what section they were in but they were on an Island display somewhere in the store all by themselves. Ask a Castmember there. I'm sure they can point them out for you.

dxwwf3

Original Poster
Thanks Scooter. I usually tend to buy attraction specific shirts though. I really appreciate that info though. I'll be on the lookout there in the future.

Maybe it was just the shirt you got?? Because in form fitting shirts, I wear a Medium. I bought 3 children's shirts (waaaay cheaper) and the large was too long on me, but the medium fit perfect. Usually in kid's clothes (I only buy those when I go out of town/amusement parks, I'm cheap :p ), I get a size Large or Extra Large. So now I'm kind of confused?? :veryconfu

cmatt

Hmmm i have the same issues with gig tshirts... i tend to go for the size im supposed to be (xl used to be xxl :D) I personally dont find them tight - they tend to be slightly bigger but then shrink to what they should be....

then again everyone has *different* sizes which is odd, theres isnt a definative *right size* when it comes to sizes... fruits of the loom which supply most gig tshirt printers tend to be a tad erm... tight (obviouslly to save material/money)

pintraderpayee

I also found larger shirts at World of Disney. DH is 6'4" and DS is 6'1" and 280! We found a few larger shirts at the outlet mall stores that sell Disney merchandise. Wal Mart definitely had larger sizes, but the only ride specific ones were PoC. This was at Easter, so there may be more of a selection at Wal Mart now. I, along with some of my "bustier" students found the same problem with sizing.....normally wear XL...had to buy XXL! If all else fails there is a nice create-your-own-Disney-tee site...type in www.disneyinkshop.com and it will direct you to it. I think its called zazzle. They go up several sizes. Hope this long post helps.

RonAnnArbor

I have found over the last couple years that Disney t-shirts and polos actually DO run larger than across the rest of the country -- I got an XL polo, which is what I usually wear, and it is absolutely HUGE -- I ended up eBaying it since it was unwearable. THe t-shirts fit well. I sometimes will get a XXL in other places, because they always shrink down - not so much with the WDW t-shirts. I also saw a rack in the Epcot souvenir store ( keep forgettiong the name of that huge store) that had 3x, 4x and 5x. There was a small selection of generic t-shirts and sweatshirts (that Grumpy gear seems to be just omnipresent...methings Donald is getting shafted).

dxwwf3

Original Poster
This is very weird. It seems every shirt our family gets is always smaller than the rest of our other shirts. I mean, I can wear all of the 2X's I have, but they are more narrow and shorter than all of my others.

Are WDW shirts made by different companies at different times?

EpcoTim

I can say one thing, the sweatshirts there are cheap and shrink up to nothing if you dry them. I had to buy one last February because it went from mid 60's to being colder than it was in Chicago. I also had to buy on at DisneyLand this past March becuase the same thing happened. The DL one was a lot nicer than the WDW one.

Nansafan

I personally know that they carry 3XL sweatshirts. During a Christmas 2004 trip I needed to purchase a sweatshirt (temperature change and it got quite chilly one night). The plastic thingy on the hanger said XL, so I bought the shirt, tore off the tag and put it on. The arms were sooooo long and the shirt was huge. I looked at the tag on the inside and saw that it read, 3XL. Moral to this story, I always check the tag on the shirt.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom