WB Studio Tour London vs WWoHP

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
For those that have been to both, how do they compare as experiences?

Is the Studio Tour worth it if you've been to Diagon Alley and Hogsmede in Florida?

YouOrns

Definitely worth it because it's essentially a completely different thing, the Studio Tour isn't particularly about immersion its about how the film was made and putting you in the place they were actually filmed.

Different thing but definitely worth it. (Warning though while its relatively easy to get too from London, Watford is not in London and you should factor that into your plans)

Jon81uk

Its worth while if you like finding out how movies are made, but the experience is more of a "museum" than a theme park. The sets are nice to look at and there are plenty of information panels to read about how they did that, but its not an immersive theme park experience like at Universal, its a self-guided backlot tour.

I loved it though, my favourite fact was that the Griffyndor dorm room was built for the 11 year old actors and never changed, so when 15 year old Daniel Radcliffe was in bed his legs hung off the end of the bed and the filming angles had to be carefully chosen.

Last edited:

UKDisney Dave

Yea it’s completely different. I was totally underwhelmed by tiny Diagon Alley at the studios tour after the huge version in Universal. The fact you can’t even go into the interiors of the shops at the studio tour is a real let down.

That said some of the other parts of the studios tour blew me away! I would have spend the money on admission just to see the model of Hogwarts at the end of the tour.
I also loved seeing some of the detailed sets, such as the griffindoor bedroom, and the headmasters office.

if your a Potter fan, or just interested about movie making then you will likely enjoy the studious tour, but be prepared to put some work in - there’s a lot to read as you walk round to get most of the experience. Unlike universal which is all about the atmosphere and immersion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom