Ways to make a ride different

rlaeromech

Original Poster
What I mean.. take an attraction you have done quite a few times and what do you do to make it different.

For Instance. While on SM, my cousin looks back as we are at the top of the lift and suddenly says, Hey, lets try looking at the top the entire way down. Which we both tried to do. It was extremely fun and gave the ride a whole new feel. I'll warn you that I left SM with a bit of motion sickness that I have never felt before. What was cool is that you had less idea what was coming and then when you would go under a piece of structure, it would catch you off guard.

So anyone else have an idea like that? Something they have done?:)

sleepybear

I sort of did this on my last trip. While riding POTC and HM, instead of focusing on the many small details, I looked at the bigger picture. For example, on POTC, after going down the chute and passing the fort and pirate ship, I looked around the entire room, amazed at how HUGE it is. I did the same thing at HM in the graveyard scene. It really made me appreciate how enormous those attractions are and how well Disney hides the size from park guests.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
I sort of did this on my last trip. While riding POTC and HM, instead of focusing on the many small details, I looked at the bigger picture. For example, on POTC, after going down the chute and passing the fort and pirate ship, I looked around the entire room, amazed at how HUGE it is. I did the same thing at HM in the graveyard scene. It really made me appreciate how enormous those attractions are and how well Disney hides the size from park guests.

Yeah, those buildings are surprisingly huge! It emphasizes how little space there must be to spare in those buildings.

PoohNTink02

ToT

To change up my ride on the Tower of Terror, although I'm sure Disney wouldnt be thrilled to hear this on I leave a little bit of space when I buckle my seat belt so I can get that true out of my seat kind of ride. I used to love when TOT had the lap bar if you set with a taller person you would get the same experience :lol:

rlaeromech

Original Poster
To change up my ride on the Tower of Terror, although I'm sure Disney wouldnt be thrilled to hear this on I leave a little bit of space when I buckle my seat belt so I can get that true out of my seat kind of ride. I used to love when TOT had the lap bar if you set with a taller person you would get the same experience :lol:

LOL! I do that on ANY ride with a drop.. Nothing better than coming out of your seat for a while.

rlaeromech

Original Poster

That's a great example. I also noticed that the last time on POTC. That room is really big. You can't really notice those things on the first time through.. but about the 749th time, you can stop and notice things like that.:ROFLOL:

rictusred

I like to look deep into some of the rides to see more of the intricate details that you would miss if you weren't paying attention. like the narrator hanging from the gallow in HM but if you never looked up when the lights go out you would never see it. the details in the rides are amazin and I see new stuff everytime I go like the ghost riding the bikes in the backround of HM I never saw that before my last trip.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Just FYI but if you leave too much space it will cause the ride to go 101. This is why many of the CM's make everyone hold their hands up before exiting the elevator and sending you to..............The Twilight Zone.

I like to look deep into some of the rides to see more of the intricate details that you would miss if you weren't paying attention. like the narrator hanging from the gallow in HM but if you never looked up when the lights go out you would never see it. the details in the rides are amazin and I see new stuff everytime I go like the ghost riding the bikes in the backround of HM I never saw that before my last trip.
That is what I do as well. It is one of the great benefits of being able to make frequent Disney trips.

mpoppins76

Just FYI but if you leave too much space it will cause the ride to go 101. This is why many of the CM's make everyone hold their hands up before exiting the elevator and sending you to..............The Twilight Zone.
What does that mean? Never heard that term before?:eek: :veryconfu

rlaeromech

Original Poster

I agree.... I'm talk a little space.. too much and the ride goes 101 and I go #2.:lookaroun

rlaeromech

Original Poster

DUH! :p

It means that the ride.... well... trying to put this in a non technical way.. it means.. it means.. I'll just let Yoda explain it.. Go ahead Yoda! Tell Mpoppins what it means.... :lookaroun

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When an attraction breaks down it is said to be "101". You will often hear the CM's utter this term if you are on an attraction that has stopped due to some sort of safety feature and or mechanical failure. I assume that such a benign nondescript term helps to avoid panic.

mpoppins76

When an attraction breaks down it is said to be "101". You will often hear the CM's utter this term if you are on an attraction that has stopped due to some sort of safety feature and or mechanical failure. I assume that such a benign nondescript term helps to avoid panic.
Ahhh. Thanks!

rlaeromech

Original Poster

Ahhh. Thanks!
yeah thanks..

for explaining it to her cause you know.. I .. I like already knew and all.

:lol:

brkgnews

It started out, I believe, as a radio code, much like 10-4.

101=down
102=operating normally

A guest overhearing a CM's radio squawk out "Spaceship Earth is 101" is much better than them hearing "Spaceship earth is broken down for the 400th time today" or even worse... "OMGGGz teh time travelz are suzpended!!!!!!!" ;)

Now... as for what "code V" or "protein spill" means. :lookaroun

RedGear

hey here's a great way to make the person that's on the ride with you really mad. . . my hubby does this to me all the time on dark rides such as POTC and HM, he will usually touch my side when it's at a calm moment in the ride and say boo or something along those lines. He did it to me the first time we rode POTC together and i jumped and then I slapped him in the stomach (jokingly) because i was so excited to actually be at disney. He still tries to do it every once and a while, and I got him back on the ToT. So it's just a silly idea that we do, but it adds a little surprise to a ride that you have been on before.

RiversideBunny

Here's one we did by accident-

If you go into It's Tough To Be A Bug and forget to get the 3D glasses, you can't see much of anything.
Really makes it different.
:lol:

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It started out, I believe, as a radio code, much like 10-4.

101=down
102=operating normally

A guest overhearing a CM's radio squawk out "Spaceship Earth is 101" is much better than them hearing "Spaceship earth is broken down for the 400th time today" or even worse... "OMGGGz teh time travelz are suzpended!!!!!!!" ;)

Now... as for what "code V" or "protein spill" means. :lookaroun
You want to hear something really pathetic? I find myself using those terms around the house.

"The cat had a protein spill on the rug again"

"I need to go to home depot. The light in the laundry room is 101"

Fun2BFree

Occasionally, I try riding a ride (like RNRC) with my eyes shut to just feel the sensations.

Fun Fact: I also do this at the Hall of Presidents, but only to fall asleep. :lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom