Ways of prepaying for food other than the dining plan?

bmmilan

We have done the dining plan in the past. DH loves it - he loves that everything is already paid for before the trip even begins; no credit card bills after we get home and no need to bring lots of cash. But, I have crunched the numbers and it’s cheaper for us NOT to do the DDP. I’m wondering if any of you have come up with creative ways of setting aside $$ so that it FEELS like the DDP - gift cards, separate debit card account, etc??

unmitigated disaster

I can't imagine that they wouldn't get it. If that happened, I'm sure there would be a revolt of waitpeople!
Yeah, tips on anything you charge to the room should go in that amount to the server/masseuse/whoever. Charging to your room is so common in so many hotels and resorts. For that matter, you can (unless it's not in the software) ask the front desk staff to add a gratuity for housekeeping, bellman services or even for security to your bill. Needless to say in that case you need their name.

I am Timmy

If you sign up for Retail Me Not (a cashback website) they have cash back specials all the time at Target, and they have been working on Disney GC. I got 12% savings on my last purchase (7% CB from RMN, 5% from Target Red debit card). It does take a while for it to post, but then you can get the money via paypal. Right now CB is 5%, so it would be 10% total. I bought another one about 20 min. ago. Also, Bj's runs specials where if you buy a large quantity ($5000) or more you can get 7-8% off (plus whatever your cc offers). I always aim for at least 10% savings - and pay as much of my trip with them as I can. Those of us that have done that will sometimes get heads up emails to know when it's coming. Or you could call and ask them if they will let you, if you would like the # PM me. Good luck!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom