Waving Money at Disney

Yellow Shoes

Disclaimer: I know things are a total mess and no one really knows what's going on. We are making things up as we go.

That said, I just need to vent a bit.
I am a super planner. Trip is September 20, 2020 and somewhat non-negotiable.
Airline tickets were changed and we have an additional 4 hours our last day, so I wanted to add a ticket to our package.
I can't get one.

I am fully aware that in the next 70 days things may change dramatically (for the better.....I hope) and getting that additional day won't be an issue.

Still, we all know how good Uncle Walt is at monetizing every little thing (want a good fireworks view--pay up.....want to see the MK fireworks from your hotel room?--it'll cost ya. I am fearful that this may be my last free Magic Express ride.), so it kind of makes me laugh that they won't take my money (for now.)

Please resume your regularly scheduled activites.

Disstevefan1

Disclaimer: I know things are a total mess and no one really knows what's going on. We are making things up as we go.

Airline tickets were changed and we have an additional 4 hours our last day, so I wanted to add a ticket to our package.
I can't get one.

I am fully aware that in the next 70 days things may change dramatically (for the better.....I hope) and getting that additional day won't be an issue.

Still, we all know how good Uncle Walt is at monetizing every little thing (want a good fireworks view--pay up.....want to see the MK fireworks from your hotel room?--it'll cost ya. I am fearful that this may be my last free Magic Express ride.), so it kind of makes me laugh that they won't take my money (for now.)

There’s nothing written in stone these days at WDW, I bet you will be able to buy tickets for your last day when You get there.

Upvote 0

RememberWhen

I’m hoping that maybe we’ll get reports or updates in the next week or two.
We are similarly frustrated. We have DVC gold passes and due to our cruise being canceled, we moved our trip from July 2020 (we should be on the boat right now...) to December 2020. But, our dates are blocked out with our passes. We have the room. We have flights. No tickets. So, at least we’ll be able to hang at the pool? I’ve called a couple times to see if they’ll upgrade our passes, and they won’t. At least not yet. I was (mysteriously) able to make park reservations, but I keep expecting Disney to realize we don’t have valid park tickets and delete them. At that point we’ll shorten the Disney stay and find something else to do. Until then (or really, until September when we need to bank points) we’re planning to go and hoping the ticket thing sorts itself out.
I would hope that you all would be able to add a day in person, but who knows. Hopefully you can add it ahead of time.

Upvote 0

Club Cooloholic

I can't get one.

At least you got some tix at all my friend. I am a super planner too and the lack of not being able to book any parl tickets for a November trip has me pretty steamed. But we will so how it is. Always SeaWorld!
BTW
..wdw conditioned us to be this way so they should understand why we are so miffed.

Upvote 0

crawale

I can't get one.

I sympathize. I have reservations for May 2021. My AP expires Jan 2 2021. I called to see what I could do to obtain a new pass. A long wait the CM #1 told me about a workaround. Said I could buy a renewal that would act as a voucher and start when I activated it - essentially a new pass voucher. She then tried 3 times to connect me to ticketing. CM #4 from Ticketing said this was not true. I could buy a renewal now but it would start when the old pass finished. So far spent 90 minutes on the phone and two completely different stories. Sorry that the CMs are so unsure of what is going on when Disney has had 4 months to think about all of this. Once upon a time Disney was so far ahead of anyone else in customer service - now not so much.

Upvote 0

Yellow Shoes

Original Poster
I called on Sunday and was told that they would be added---and, of course, given my new trip total. So far they have not appeared in My Disney Experience.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom