Watto's Grotto to reopen at Disney's Hollywood Studios

YodaMan

Last time this was open the Snow speeder was right outside and I believe it was removed when it closed. Does anyone know if its back? This might be the prop installation the permit was about.

The snow speeder is still there, and unless I'm mistaken it was never removed.

KikoKea

Much needed. Love Star Tours, but hate having to navigate through the tiny store packed with people. I mean, I'm on a mission to get back in line as soon as possible! Move outta my way!! :mad: But, seriously, I'm glad to see more merchandise and variety available. I'd like to see them expand their clothing line to include more adult shirts and sizes.

CJLove79

Is the store open right now? If so, what's the Store Hours? Me and my girl will be there next month and most DEFINITELY plan on doing some ample shopping in Watto's Grotto. LOL.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Is the store open right now? If so, what's the Store Hours? Me and my girl will be there next month and most DEFINITELY plan on doing some ample shopping in Watto's Grotto. LOL.
Yes, open daily through to around 7:30pm, varying by park hours. But it opens at 9am.

JohnWD

I went yesterday and what a let down. There was not one thing that interested me, and I am a big Star Wars fan and a big Disney fan. It's pretty much all junk, which is very degrading to such a great franchise. I don't think Disney should have opened this until there was merchandise worthy of Star Wars.

G00fyDad

I went yesterday and what a let down. There was not one thing that interested me, and I am a big Star Wars fan and a big Disney fan. It's pretty much all junk, which is very degrading to such a great franchise. I don't think Disney should have opened this until there was merchandise worthy of Star Wars.

It is sparse, but more will come.
th.jpeg

JohnD

Just wait until after the movie opens. It will be pandemonium. BTW, could have gone with "JohnHD". Decided on just "JohnD".

roj2323

It is sparse, but more will come.
View attachment 110765

This is true. I spoke with a CM that works wattles grotto and I was told that over the next few months more content will be added continually until December. Naturally he didn't know what was going to be added but it is something that is leaders did tell them was going to happen. I also asked about the permanent prop installation that we had seen a permit for but unfortunately they didn't know anything about it.

YodaMan

The snow speeder is outside and was never removed. This is for something else. Realisticly I believe it will be a prop from the new movie

What are the chances it is technically the snow speeder and it's basically a terminology change? Aren't structures only "temporary" if they are around less than 180 days or something like that (just guessing from what I've heard about the stage, but am not totally sure)? If the snow speeder went up in May and they want it at least through December, then wouldn't they technically have to make it "permanent" and make any changes as necessary?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom