Water RIdes - Shoes

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
So I am debating whether we should bring some type of sandals/water shoes for Splash Mountain and Kali River Rapids, or just deal and wear our normal sneakers.

I have never bothered to bring any other shoe before, but it got really annoying last time dealing with trench shoe all day lol.

What do you do?

We are just bringing a small Disney cinch back back, so it really won't be large enough to fit a bunch of sneakers while we are on the ride, so most would have to be left in the stroller....

correcaminos

I hate sneakers because if it rains my feet are miserable. So we do quality sandals (EVA soles, arch support etc) instead. I also bring multiple pairs so my feet are still happy by the end of the trip :)

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I hate sneakers because if it rains my feet are miserable. So we do quality sandals (EVA soles, arch support etc) instead. I also bring multiple pairs so my feet are still happy by the end of the trip :)
I wish I could, but I have such big knee and lower back problems it really isn't an option for me. :( I would love to live in my sandals, but for long term walking I need really high arch support.

correcaminos

I wish I could, but I have such big knee and lower back problems it really isn't an option for me. :( I would love to live in my sandals, but for long term walking I need really high arch support.
I have had back issues stemming from an issue I've had since childhood. I also have one leg longer than the other and a knee that was completely destroyed while skiing. I have very high arches as well. EVA soles are my way to go and every single one of my sandals has arch support. You cannot skimp on them, but ones like Teva have been life savers. They have different types that really are not like your cheap Old Navy sandals and fit well. I even wore them when it was 40 out in March because my Skechers do not support near as well.

Trust me, sneakers don't always have near as much support as some hiking sandals, but a quality hiking sandal doesn't come cheap either.

correcaminos

I'll check them out then. Thanks!
Good luck! Truly this type has saved my feet. There are a lot of brands out there that other friends have liked (Keen, Merrell, Kamik) but I got started on Teva brand and just added with some other brands like Reef or Ugg for more casual shoes. I actually can wear their flip flops and be comfortable as crazy as that sounds. Some have high arch and toe support. But for more support and comfort Teva is my brand. Lots of options with how much foot coverage there is too

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Splash is just that -- a splash. Kali, however, is a drenching. You will get wet. Your clothes will get soaked, and your shoes will squish for the rest of the day. Bring dry socks and a dry pair of shoes, or wrap your feet in plastic bags to keep your shoes dry. You might also want to wear a poncho -- or a rain suit -- if you don't want to get wet.

Splash mountain doesn't really get you wet. Kali Rover rapids I like to take my sneakers off if I'm wearing them and out on flip.flops but I also usually wear something like Tevas or Chaco sandals if the weather is warm enough.

LeighM

I found a pair of Teva sandals that have perfect arch support for me. So on days it's supposed to rain or we plan to go on water rides, I'll wear those sandals. And because it wraps around the ankle, I don't have to worry about walking out of my shoes (yes I'm that talented lol). I absolutely hate wet, squishy tennis shoes.

BigRedDad

We will take the cheap flip flops with us in a backpack. The ones that are about $2. We slip them on, put sneakers in backpack, and good to go. Walking in soaked feet can create bad blisters.

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I just don't think
We will take the cheap flip flops with us in a backpack. The ones that are about $2. We slip them on, put sneakers in backpack, and good to go. Walking in soaked feet can create bad blisters.
I just don't think the Disney Cinch Backpack is anywhere near large enough for the sneakers, we would have to leave them in the stroller or get a locker....

LeighM

What is the best place to buy those type of sandals from? Online? Dicks?

I've seen them at DSW and other shoe stores including Dicks and Gander Mountain. But because most stores don't carry size 5, I always have to buy online. I think they run pretty true to size so buying online is fine. Plus, you can tighten it around the top of your foot and heel for your personal preference. I purchased mine during an online end of season sale :)

Last edited:

KrzyKtty

Original Poster
I've seen them at DSW and other shoe stores including Dicks and Gander Mountain. But because most stores don't care size 5, I always have to buy online. I think they run pretty true to size so buying online is fine. Plus, you can tighten it around the top of your foot and heel for your personal preference. I purchased mine during an online end of season sale :)
Hum, Grander Mtn is closing near us, so maybe I should check them out!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom