Water Parks

Seano846

What time of day is best to visit the water parks? and which one is least busy( in late august)

Attachments

• mickey-01.gif
    mickey-01.gif
    36.9 KB · Views: 239

DisneyFreak

The best time to go to any of the water parks is as soon as it opens (9am or 10am, I believe). You can go for a few hours to hit all the slides and attractions and then go back to your room during mid-day (busiest and hottest times) then go back to the water park around 4 or 5 and stay until close (7pm or 8pm). The least crowded is River Country.

Upvote 0

JAY-ROD

Originally posted by DisneyFreak
The best time to go to any of the water parks is as soon as it opens (9am or 10am, I believe). You can go for a few hours to hit all the slides and attractions and then go back to your room during mid-day (busiest and hottest times) then go back to the water park around 4 or 5 and stay until close (7pm or 8pm). The least crowded is River Country.

either 1st thing or late afternnon or the best is when right after it storms it clears them all out :)

Upvote 0

Smee

During peak season, go early to get a good spot and enjoy the slides. We recently went to B-Beach at 12:00 noon and were turned away due to full capacity. We got into Typhoon but it was crowded and lines were long.

We went back to B-Beach after a rain storm and much of the crowd had cleared out. There were only a dozen or so in line for summit plumit.

Upvote 0

faithful

There is a reason river country is the least crowded...it is the least neat. If you only can go to one then hit Blizzard Beach. Second would be Typhoon Lagoon. Third is River Country. It would be like saying Kiddie Land is less crowded than Magic Kingdom so go there...sometimes it is worth dealing with a few crowds. My kids put Blizzard Beach up there right with the other theme parks as the BEST thing to do at WDW. Have a GREAT time on your trip.:)

Upvote 0

Ariel

I actually prefer Typhoon Lagoon as well. I think it's something about the whole tropical beach party theme or something that I like about it.

Upvote 0

bjshade23

I would have to agree with both of you Typhoon Lagoon is the best water park on property. It is the whole atmosphere that there is a lazy river where you can just sit in for an entire day and not be bothered by standing in long lines to go down slides and all that stuff. Don't get me wrong i love the slides but the whole park is more relaxing

Upvote 0

DisneyFreak

Originally posted by bjshade23
I would have to agree with both of you Typhoon Lagoon is the best water park on property. It is the whole atmosphere that there is a lazy river where you can just sit in for an entire day and not be bothered by standing in long lines to go down slides and all that stuff. Don't get me wrong i love the slides but the whole park is more relaxing

Typhoon Lagoon is the better waterpark IMO as well. The wave pool is much better and the atmosphere is also. Castaway Creek blows away the one at BB. If all you want are slides and lines go to BB but if you actually want to swim and relax go to typhoon.

BTW, regarding River Country, I mentioned it as the least crowded because that is what was asked. I didn't say it was the place to go. Come to think of it, I haven't been there since TL opened in 1987(?). The best thing about River Country though is the low crowds, location and water volleyball.

Upvote 0

faithful

Typhoon Lagoon too slow!

I still stand by my position that Blizzard Beach rules for excitement. It may not be as relaxing but is also is not like any water park that we have in Arizona. Typhoon Lagoon reminds me too much of Big Surf in Arizona and the water slides are tooo slow and short.:D There ain't nothing like Blizzard Beach on my side of the country.

Upvote 0
M

Mr Lightbeer

Originally posted by Seano846
What time of day is best to visit the water parks? and which one is least busy( in late august)

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! another great thread from shauno,where does he get them from.8 minutes to 11 is always a good time to go,but I've just browsed this site www.besttimetogotoawaterpark.com and the general feeling is 14 minutes past 10 is tops.We'll try the 10.14 a.m one in Aug and let anyone who is interested know if it's as good as people say.Shauno the "least busy" time of day to go is after midnight as all the guests have gone home!

Attachments

• mickey005.gif
    mickey005.gif
    3.8 KB · Views: 190
Upvote 0

TynkerBelle

After a leisurely breakfast, head to BB around 10. If the slides get crowded, you can always float around the river until things die down. Watch out for the ice cold water falls!

Upvote 0

dwl145

I haven't gone to river country yet but i definately want to try it out. I went to TL and BB and I didn't really like TL that much. It had an awesome theme and a great wave pool, but it was so hard to find anything. Everything is hidden from all the trees I spent half the time looking for the slides I wanted to ride.

Upvote 0

Maria

Someone mentioned to go and then leave and come back later... I have noticed that many people do that! Why? Once I am wearing my swimsuit and enjoying the day, I woud take a nap right there, not changing clothes and coming back later to finish my swimming! AM I so lazy? I would rather go there and as soon as I am bored, then leave for good and find something else to do for the rest of the day! ;)

I am not so sure, (I should recheck on the tickets) but does your park hopper plus allow you only one entry to a waterpark? Or can you go everyday let´s say at around 3:00pm, refresh a little and then go back to the parks?

Upvote 0

markymark

I agree with Maria - I can;t be bothered clearing out and then going back later. If it gets too hot, we just go and chill in the shade for a few hours.

I also have to say that I think Typhoon Lagoon is by far the best of the three water parks, followed by River Country (a great place to go for a quiet afternoon) We have been to Blizzard Beech the last couple of years and it has just been too full, with hardly any room between sun loungers - not my idea of fun. I just feel that there is a more "airy" feel to TL.

Oh yes, I would aim to get there about 1/2 hour before they open so you can get a good spot.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom