Water Parks in Xmas to NYE ?

jimbojones

I have done some searching and have not found any answers so I am looking to your collective wisdom. I will be at WDW for a few days next summer but I will be traveling through the area on a trip the last week of December. I will not under and circumstances go to the theme parks that week but what are the crowds like at the water parks? Is it reasonable to go to the open water park on christmas eve? or new years eve?\

edit: my 9 month old submitted this as I was typing!

Cowboy Steve

I can't speak for Christmas Eve or NYE, but we have visited one of the waterparks during the third week of December. It was a little chilly (not for us as I live near the Lake in Ohio), but still enjoyable. The crowd was relatively light. As previously stated, one of the 2 waterparks is always closed for refurbishment that time of year, but it doesn't seem to make the remaining park crowded. I think weather in the 70s keeps most people away from the water parks.

Upvote 0

jimbojones

Original Poster
Thanks , I am hoping to get a little Disney in but holiday crowds make it entirely unfun in my experience so I was hoping the cool weather might keep the open water park fairly quiet. I have also never been to Blizzard beach and have not been to Typhoon Lagoon in probably 20 years

Upvote 0

ColdSun

I saw that one Water Park will be closed for refurbishment until March 2018. Any idea when in March it will open again? We'll be at WDW from March 18th to March 30th.

Upvote 0

John park hopper

The day time temps for Dec/Jan can be in the mid 70's and night time in the 40's/50's that's not to say a cold front may come through and drop temps considerably. Would be alitttle cool for water parks for me; guess if you are from up north or a member of the polar bear club it would be warm. Have fun

Upvote 0

TARDIS

We were there in February last year,aside from it being chilly in between slides the water is decently heated so it's not a total shock to the system cold.

Upvote 0

jimbojones

Original Poster
We surf in New England in the winter so we have a pretty high tolerance for cold, but a very very low tolerance for crowds. I am mostly concerned with how crowded the open water park gets christmas week. thanks for the replies so far.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom