Water Park Towels

CAPTAIN HOOK

Original Poster
Final pre trip question (I hope) -

Do WDW Resort guests get complimentary towels at BB and TL, or do we need to rent them ?

Thanks in advance

Bairstow

Resort guests DO get complimentary towels at their resort's pools which conveniently fit into backpacks where they can be taken to any water park, used, and then deposited into the water park's return bins where they will then be shipped off to the same central laundry facility they would have been shipped to anyway.

...just sayin'.

Sage of Time

Ignorant of the market much?

$4 at Wet N Wild
For purchase only at Dollywood
$4 at Aquatica
For purchase only at Hurricane Harbor

So it looks like Disney is actually under charging quite a bit. But go ahead and be outraged.
You're paying around 200-300-400 bucks a night for a hotel room. You should get some perks with that. But go ahead and don't demand more for your dollar and blindly defend Disney and it's pixie dust prices.

Bairstow

Or just bring your own beach towel?!?

Two problems with that:

1. A lot of people like to go right from the water parks to the theme parks without making a stop in their hotel rooms to drop off their towels and bathing suits. This is best done by taking a bus from their water park to Port Orleans (the closest bus hub) and transferring, or riding a bus to Boardwalk or one of the monorail loop resorts to save time. Spending the rest of the day and evening in the parks with a backpack(s) full of wet beach towels and swimsuits would be a drag.

2. In this era of airline upcharges, many people chose to travel without checked luggage, and must carefully select what to pack in order to fit it all in their carry-on bags/personal items. A bulky beach towel is one of the most common things to omit, so Disney guests often won't be able to arrive with beach towels from home in the first place.

jensenrick

Two problems with that:

1. A lot of people like to go right from the water parks to the theme parks without making a stop in their hotel rooms to drop off their towels and bathing suits.

Do they? I can't imagine leaving a water park and not stopping at the hotel to freshen up and change.

This is best done by taking a bus from their water park to Port Orleans (the closest bus hub) and transferring, or riding a bus to Boardwalk or one of the monorail loop resorts to save time. Spending the rest of the day and evening in the parks with a backpack(s) full of wet beach towels and swimsuits would be a drag.

Yet, in this scenario, you do have a wet bathing suit to carry around. Or are you putting them in a locker?

jensenrick

What's bulkier? A bathing suit or a wet beach towel and a bathing suit?

You got me there.

I was merely remarking on your comment "a backpack(s) full of wet beach towels and swimsuits would be a drag" - as if a backpack with only wet swimsuits is not a drag.

I don't see how a backpack full of wet bathing suits is any less of a drag. Less BULKY, oh yes absolutely.
But still a DRAG.

Jon81uk

You're paying around 200-300-400 bucks a night for a hotel room. You should get some perks with that. But go ahead and don't demand more for your dollar and blindly defend Disney and it's pixie dust prices.

As pointed out in the quote below resort guests get complimentory towels at the resort pool and you could pick some up from the pool and take to the water park. Some people visiting the water parks aren't resort guests, they are staying off-property and paying $58 admission to the water park (or using WPF&M add-on to the MYW tickets). Should the price go up to $60 and everyone gets a towel, even resort guests, or just charge those who don't want to bring a resort towel or one from home?

Resort guests DO get complimentary towels at their resort's pools which conveniently fit into backpacks where they can be taken to any water park, used, and then deposited into the water park's return bins where they will then be shipped off to the same central laundry facility they would have been shipped to anyway.

CaptainAmerica

You are truly a sad, strange little man if TWO DOLLARS for a towel rental sends you off the deep end about "pixie dust prices" when the industry standard appears to either be $4 or making you buy one for $20+. The price of the hotel room has nothing to do with the water park. Your logic is akin to demanding free soda, socks, bike rentals, or a copy of The Little Mermaid on Blu-ray just because you happen to have two nights booked at Port Orleans. Your entitlement mentality of "I DESERVE free things" is a sad commentary on the American psyche in 2015. Everyone today is a man-child stuck in the "that's not faaaair" mentality of a second grade girl. Two dollars for a towel rental? Disney is evil and its fans snort pixie dust. HBO too expensive? Pirate Game of Thrones and use your mom's GO password for True Detective. Can't find a good job? Protest Walmart and demand that the government fix all your problems.

Sage of Time

You are truly a sad, strange little man if TWO DOLLARS for a towel rental sends you off the deep end about "pixie dust prices" when the industry standard appears to either be $4 or making you buy one for $20+. The price of the hotel room has nothing to do with the water park. Your logic is akin to demanding free soda, socks, bike rentals, or a copy of The Little Mermaid on Blu-ray just because you happen to have two nights booked at Port Orleans. Your entitlement mentality of "I DESERVE free things" is a sad commentary on the American psyche in 2015. Everyone today is a man-child stuck in the "that's not faaaair" mentality of a second grade girl. Two dollars for a towel rental? Disney is evil and its fans snort pixie dust. HBO too expensive? Pirate Game of Thrones and use your mom's GO password for True Detective. Can't find a good job? Protest Walmart and demand that the government fix all your problems.
Oh, overtly defensive? Inserting politics? Gee, that's not compensating for anything at all. You're amusing.

My point is that Disney can afford to throw you a bone, even if it's 2 bucks and convenience. This isn't going off the deep end. It's having standards and expecting world class service and world class resort. Being cheap about the towels is indicative of a larger issue of guest service at WDW.

Sorry, not sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I ever pay that much for a room in Orlando, it's a sure sign I've had a concussion. LOL :hilarious:
Good. Because I sure as hell wouldn't pay those prices either. And I don't.

As pointed out in the quote below resort guests get complimentory towels at the resort pool and you could pick some up from the pool and take to the water park. Some people visiting the water parks aren't resort guests, they are staying off-property and paying $58 admission to the water park (or using WPF&M add-on to the MYW tickets). Should the price go up to $60 and everyone gets a towel, even resort guests, or just charge those who don't want to bring a resort towel or one from home?
No. Just have towels as an amenity. Poor little Disney World can afford it.

Bairstow

Oh, overtly defensive? Inserting politics? Gee, that's not compensating for anything at all. You're amusing.

My point is that Disney can afford to throw you a bone, even if it's 2 bucks and convenience. This isn't going off the deep end. It's having standards and expecting world class service and world class resort. Being cheap about the towels is indicative of a larger issue of guest service at WDW.

Sorry, not sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Good. Because I sure as hell wouldn't pay those prices either. And I don't.

No. Just have towels as an amenity. Poor little Disney World can afford it.

At $2, the towels practically are an amenity. I think the nominal fee is there mostly to stop guests from taking multiple towels and throwing them everywhere, rather than to make any money off it.

...which again is why I have no reservations about transporting my one resort pool towel to a water park.

jensenrick

o_O:eek: Well that escalated quickly.

:hilarious:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom