Water park crowds

UncleFastpass

Original Poster
I don't go to the water parks that often so I was wondering do different days (like the weekend)make a difference in attendance like the other parks?What day(s) are better to go?

IMFearless

The weather seems to make a significant difference, as well as the general crowds at the time you visit.

Generally the water parks tend to get busier from opening through until mid-day, and begin to empty during the last few hours of operation. This being said, the operating hours have been shortened considerably this year, so the parks may well remain busier for longer.

UncleFastpass

Original Poster
The weather seems to make a significant difference, as well as the general crowds at the time you visit.

Generally the water parks tend to get busier from opening through until mid-day, and begin to empty during the last few hours of operation. This being said, the operating hours have been shortened considerably this year, so the parks may well remain busier for longer.
Thank you! I hadn't thought about weather,unless there is a thunderstorm I don't mind getting wet if I'm at a water park especially if it means lighter crowds

Eddie Garrison

OK. We were at Typhoon yesterday from around noon until closing which was 5:00 PM. The crowds were nothing compared to what they are in the Summer or Spring time.

We waited no more than 10 minutes for any slides at any point during the day. When we did the Shark Reef attraction, we went though it once and were able to walk right back around and get right back into the tank with no wait at all.

The only issue we had, and it really wasn't an "issue", was arriving later in the day we had to walk around for about five minute to find a few chairs together and that were not already saved by other guests. Other than that, the crowds are very light right now at the water parks.

We're heading to Blizzard right now so I can report back on the crowds there as well.

Eddie Garrison

Right.

Just back from Blizzard Beach (and a quick stop at Disney Springs) and here is what we saw today in the water park.

Crowd level, on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being dead and 10 being packed ... I'd give today a 4. We arrived a little before noon and parked within three rows of the main entrance.

The longest wait we had was on the Double Dipper (which I would avoid overall). We waited over 30 minutes and the slide itself is about 7 second long. Nowhere near worth the wait to me.

Other than that, we did not wait any longer than 10 minutes for any slide with a lot of them being walk on speed. Even did Summit Plumit twice right before we left and had no more than 3 people in front of me each time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom